Books on investing in Italian

Matt_Black

Books on investing in Italian

Post by Matt_Black »

A bit of a long shot, but I'm hoping that there are some Italian people here who may be able to help. I'm looking for a present for a 14 years old family friend who is Italian. I wanted to give him a book about money or investing to get him interested early. The book will need to be written in simple language, suited for teenagers.

Any recommendations will be appreciated.
Tsumitate Wrestler
Veteran

Re: Books on investing in Italian

Post by Tsumitate Wrestler »

Matt_Black wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:25 am A bit of a long shot, but I'm hoping that there are some Italian people here who may be able to help. I'm looking for a present for a 14 years old family friend who is Italian. I wanted to give him a book about money or investing to get him interested early. The book will need to be written in simple language, suited for teenagers.

I Bogleheads. Guida per investire
https://www.amazon.it/Bogleheads-Guida ... 8863663823
Matt_Black

Post by Matt_Black »

Tsumitate Wrestler wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:07 pm
Matt_Black wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:25 am A bit of a long shot, but I'm hoping that there are some Italian people here who may be able to help. I'm looking for a present for a 14 years old family friend who is Italian. I wanted to give him a book about money or investing to get him interested early. The book will need to be written in simple language, suited for teenagers.

It's a great book but it feels that 14 y.o. is a bit too early for it.
Will keep it in mind, thanks for the recommendation.
Tsumitate Wrestler
Veteran

Post by Tsumitate Wrestler »

Matt_Black wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:15 pm
Tsumitate Wrestler wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:07 pm

It's a great book but it feels that 14 y.o. is a bit too early for it.
Will keep it in mind, thanks for the recommendation.
It depends on how much they read, most 14-year-olds will be fine. I suggest giving them a financial incentive to read and discuss the book. It adds a fun challenge element, and it allows you to catch up with your family member!

But no essays or book reports.... too easy to cheat nowadays!

Bogleheads' Guide To Investing is an easy-to-read, comprehensive guide to investing. It is suitable for investors of any experience level, and would be a good choice for a first investment book. It's written in several short chapters in light-hearted, plain language. It does not go into a high level of detail on most subjects, but the information presented is well-chosen, supplemented with lots of charts and references to other books and information if you want to delve deeper into a subject. The book offers a lot of practical advice and examples, and also touches on the emotional aspects of investing

https://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Bogleh ... _Investing
mikele3
Veteran

Post by mikele3 »

To a 14yo I would give a book about investing in oneself, not the markets.

I am too far from teenagers’s reality to suggest something sensible, but something that highlights the importance of developing skills, confidence and health would serve anybody much better at that age than worrying on what to do with their parent’s handouts

Just an opinion.