Monex 5->10万 Credit Card Purchases, in 2024

Anything that doesn't fit in another forum
Tsumitate Wrestler
Veteran

Monex 5->10万 Credit Card Purchases, in 2024

Post by Tsumitate Wrestler »

They seem to be waiting for the relevant law to be changed in 2024.

The blogger warns, as we all should know, that point systems can be stopped at any time.

https://randomwalker.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-5044.html
Adamakin86
Regular

Re: Monex 5->10万 Credit Card Purchases, in 2024

Post by Adamakin86 »

Thanks for the update. I see a lot of people online saying they have been unsuccessful with Monex credit card applications. Apparently it is very strict. Has anyone on here been successful?
Tsumitate Wrestler
Veteran

Post by Tsumitate Wrestler »

Adamakin86 wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:48 am Thanks for the update. I see a lot of people online saying they have been unsuccessful with Monex credit card applications. Apparently it is very strict. Has anyone on here been successful?
The card processor (Aplus) rejected me twice, I have an SMBC Gold (SBI), and Rakuten card (Rakuten securities) along with an Amazon (Gold/Prime) card and some Mercari card thingy I cannot get to work.

The funny thing is Rakuten and SMBC have far more utility and cache (in SMBCs case) so why are they so strict?

The result is I am 100% Rakuten/SBI and have mothballed Monex.
Adamakin86
Regular

Post by Adamakin86 »

Thanks for replying. I want the Monex credit card for the JAL or ANA miles. SBI shoken is my second choice as the platinum card gives you 5% points but can’t be transferred to miles…as far as I’m aware.