Voting from Overseas

Anything that doesn't fit in another forum
RetireJapan
Site Admin

Re: Voting from Overseas

Post by RetireJapan »

beanhead wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 12:16 am
banders wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:17 am What what what? I had to exchange my UK licence when I got my J one. How come some of you still have yours?
I kept mine too.
As others have stated, the paper part is still technically valid but I wouldn't want to try and drive with it in the UK without a photo card. And I decided not to lie about having a current UK address in order to keep a UK license. If we ever moved back, I would just apply again somehow, I presume.
Should be able to convert your Japanese licence :D
English teacher and writer. RetireJapan founder. Avid reader.

eMaxis Slim Shady 8-)
Tkydon
Sage

Post by Tkydon »

deezy wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:25 am
RetireJapan wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:25 am
Moneymatters wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 7:38 am or provide proof of past residency
Ruh-roh. What is the bet that I am unable to do this (don't have a British driving license any more, as you're not allowed to renew them as a non-resident :roll: )
Off topic from the thread, but regarding the British driving licence: it's valid until 70 years old isn't it? I still have mine.
Why not create a new topic?
:
:
This Guide to Japanese Taxes, English and Japanese Tai-Yaku 対訳, is now a little dated:

https://zaik.jp/books/472-4

The Publisher is not planning to publish an update for '23 Tax Season.
Tkydon
Sage

Post by Tkydon »

banders wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:17 am What what what? I had to exchange my UK licence when I got my J one. How come some of you still have yours?
When did you get your J one?

I think you only needed to provide a certified translation of the E one to get the J one...
:
:
This Guide to Japanese Taxes, English and Japanese Tai-Yaku 対訳, is now a little dated:

https://zaik.jp/books/472-4

The Publisher is not planning to publish an update for '23 Tax Season.
banders
Veteran

Post by banders »

beanhead wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 12:16 am
I kept mine too.
As others have stated, the paper part is still technically valid but I wouldn't want to try and drive with it in the UK without a photo card. And I decided not to lie about having a current UK address in order to keep a UK license. If we ever moved back, I would just apply again somehow, I presume.
Yes, I suppose it wouldn't legally be much good to me anyway, seeing as neither I nor anyone in my family live at the address that was on it.
banders
Veteran

Post by banders »

Tkydon wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 3:33 am When did you get your J one?

I think you only needed to provide a certified translation of the E one to get the J one...
Must have been 1996/7.