TOKUTEI KOZAI/NISA help

Bubblegun
Veteran

TOKUTEI KOZAI/NISA help

Post by Bubblegun »

My wife has about 190,000 yen left for the NISA allocation this year. We have the cash for that and put it into the Rakuten account.
Now she clicks SPOT PURCHASE , and it goes to the purchase screen , and at the top, it says "TSUMITATE NISA" on the drop down tag, she clicks the relevant boxes, but she can't click the NISA allocation button.
She hits the purchase button and enters the password but it DOES NOT SAY "NISA" but says "TOKUTEI".

Can anyone explain this, because it seems to be confusing for her.
Baldrick. Trying to save the world.
RetireJapan
Site Admin

Re: TOKUTEI KOZAI/NISA help

Post by RetireJapan »

Bubblegun wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:44 am My wife has about 190,000 yen left for the NISA allocation this year. We have the cash for that and put it into the Rakuten account.
Now she clicks SPOT PURCHASE , and it goes to the purchase screen , and at the top, it says "TSUMITATE NISA" on the drop down tag, she clicks the relevant boxes, but she can't click the NISA allocation button.
She hits the purchase button and enters the password but it DOES NOT SAY "NISA" but says "TOKUTEI".

Can anyone explain this, because it seems to be confusing for her.
You can't do spot purchases in tsumitate NISA. Only regular monthly orders or top ups. I'm not sure exactly how the top ups work, or if you still have time to arrange one.

Anyone else?
English teacher and writer. RetireJapan founder. Avid reader.

eMaxis Slim Shady 8-)
Bubblegun
Veteran

Post by Bubblegun »

Thanks for the clarification. So basically she could only have paid extra via the credit card.
So was it worth putting the extra money in?
They couldn’t make a system more complicated or convoluted if they tried.
I wonder how this is going to play out in the new NISA.
Tsumitate Wrestler
Veteran

Post by Tsumitate Wrestler »

Bubblegun wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:23 am Thanks for the clarification. So basically she could only have paid extra via the credit card.
So was it worth putting the extra money in?
I wonder how this is going to play out in the new NISA.
You SHOULD still be able to contribute if the money is in your securities account. It is far too late in the year for sweeps or anything else.

You will need to select the remaining month, December, and use the BONUS function for any extra.

It is a Tsumitate system, so it is not mean for this type of thing strictly speaking.

Good luck, I would try it asap.
RetireJapan
Site Admin

Post by RetireJapan »

Bubblegun wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:23 am I wonder how this is going to play out in the new NISA.
The tsumitate section of the new NISA will likely operate in a similar fashion.

eMaxis Slim Shady 8-)
Moneymatters
Veteran

Post by Moneymatters »

Bubblegun wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:23 am ...
oh shit.

Dear Rakuten,

Firstly, let me thank you for chopping my display name up so much it became an unusual abbreviation I once used as a child.
Its that attention to detail that really sets you apart from other brokers!
My loyalty to you is as deep as the time I sunk into opening my accounts.
In fact, each time I log in (with a Browser cached ID and password) I get a warm feeling knowing my money is safe with you!

As such, I feel obligated to inform you that I'm in no way associated with Bubblegun and he does not represent my views on your services.
So as you push ahead making your systems, processes and interfaces more complicated and/or convoluted than ever, do you think you could only implement those changes on his account? :)

Oh. definitely don't bother reading any old posts I made about you.
Absolutely nothing to see there! :|

Lukewarm regards,

MattersMon
"That guy"
Bubblegun
Veteran

Post by Bubblegun »

RetireJapan wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:30 am
Bubblegun wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:23 am I wonder how this is going to play out in the new NISA.
The tsumitate section of the new NISA will likely operate in a similar fashion.
NNoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

OK. Then if we can't make any large single spot purchas via cash from our accounts. Then I suppose there would be NO POINT in cashing out a lump sum from our taxable accounts, to transfer it into the NISA, because we can only do DCA via the credit card.
Last edited by Bubblegun on Thu Dec 21, 2023 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bubblegun
Veteran

Post by Bubblegun »

Moneymatters wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:01 am
Bubblegun wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:23 am ...
oh shit.

Dear Rakuten,

Firstly, let me thank you for chopping my display name up so much it became an unusual abbreviation I once used as a child.
Its that attention to detail that really sets you apart from other brokers!
My loyalty to you is as deep as the time I sunk into opening my accounts.
In fact, each time I log in (with a Browser cached ID and password) I get a warm feeling knowing my money is safe with you!

As such, I feel obligated to inform you that I'm in no way associated with Bubblegun and he does not represent my views on your services.
So as you push ahead making your systems, processes and interfaces more complicated and/or convoluted than ever, do you think you could only implement those changes on his account? :)

Oh. definitely don't bother reading any old posts I made about you.
Absolutely nothing to see there! :|

Lukewarm regards,

MattersMon
yes. Totally! I wonder...Do they test these systems with the average Taro, Suzuki, or Tanaka, cause I'm sure their brains must be frazzled too, bY the R.A.K.U.T.E.N. L.OG.I.C.. Cause my logic is, if you want to buy with a spot purchase and USE UP the allocation... then it should/could be put there. I persnally think it's like robbing Peter (the rakuten credit card) to pay Paul, (the Rakuten NISA) for the person to possibly over-stretch on the CC. Looks like a slight of financial manipulation.

SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGH.
RetireJapan
Site Admin

Post by RetireJapan »

Bubblegun wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 8:14 am because we can only do DCA via the credit card.
tsumitate payments can be taken from the broker cash balance, Rakuten credit card, or Rakuten Cash.

If you want to do spot purchases, you need to use the growth section.

eMaxis Slim Shady 8-)
Tsumitate Wrestler
Veteran

Post by Tsumitate Wrestler »

積立設定締め切り 12月20日(水)
証券口座(楽天銀行マネーブリッジ)引落し+増額の積立指定日 12月21日(木)まで
Last edited by Tsumitate Wrestler on Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.