jNISA mishap advice

Tsumitate Wrestler
Veteran

Re: jNISA mishap advice

Post by Tsumitate Wrestler »

sutebayashi wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:10 am That prompted me to search for 株主優待 at my local library’s website now, and there are tonnes of hits. Might be an amusing read in there…

Then suddenly I wondered, what happens to the shareholder perks when the shareholder is some Toshin-running asset management fund?
Every trust and etf company has someone who catalogues the gifts and resells them, the proceeds are put back into the fund.
Tsumitate Wrestler
Veteran

Re: jNISA mishap advice

Post by Tsumitate Wrestler »

beanhead wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:59 am It is quite ridiculous that these simple mistakes can be punished in this way.
Cannot buy anything with the money in the NISA account, and cannot move it out either.

I wonder if this is a government rule for NISA, or if it is the way the securities compaies have interpreted the rules and set up their online systems.
I think 19万 is not worth sweating over. Your little one will need some cash assets too.

On Rakuten, there were 2 separate large warning screens about this.

I know it sucks, but a simple "mistake" on a brokerage website can be extremely costly.
Back in 2005, Mizuho Financial Group made a fat finger trade on the TSE that could not be canceled out. A Financial Times of London story states that, “Mizuho Securities mistakenly tried to sell 610,000 shares in recruitment company J-Com at ¥1 apiece instead of one share at ¥610,000