What's the difference between installment and revolving credit choices on Amazon purchases using a credit card?

This forum is to discuss anything to do with banks and banking services.
Jamesblacktokyo
Probation (posts moderated and no PMs)

What's the difference between installment and revolving credit choices on Amazon purchases using a credit card?

Post by Jamesblacktokyo »

Hello,

I have credit card. I noticed on Amazon I can pay in installments or revolving.
If I pay using installments does that mean there is no interest charged on the purchase even though I pay in installments?
That seems too good a deal.

I always settle my card in full every month.

Cheers,
James
Tsumitate Wrestler
Veteran

Re: What's the difference between installment and revolving credit choices on Amazon purchases using a credit card?

Post by Tsumitate Wrestler »

Jamesblacktokyo wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:33 am Hello,

I have credit card. I noticed on Amazon I can pay in installments or revolving.
If I pay using installments does that mean there is no interest charged on the purchase even though I pay in installments?
That seems too good a deal.

I always settle my card in full every month.

Cheers,
James
Features of Revolving Repayment

Revolving repayment is a payment method that allows for a fixed monthly payment amount regardless of the number or amount of credit card transactions. Revolving repayment fees are charged on the balance of your monthly payments.

Features of Installment Payment

Installment payment is a payment method that allows you to choose the number of payments. The number of installment payments varies from credit card to credit card, and the installment payment fee varies depending on the number of payments and the amount used.
https://www.smbc-card.com/nyukai/magazi ... lments.jsp

Note-> If you have a Rakuten card it is FREE to split 1 time, through the Rakuten interface.