NISA General Questions | SBI

styxomaniac
Regular

NISA General Questions | SBI

Post by styxomaniac »

Hello,

I am just wondering about how to widraw a portion of my investment from NISA. I do not plan on doing it right now, but I wanted to have an idea of how to do it if and when the need arises.

When I click the widrawal button it says that I have 0 Yen which makes sense since my money is still invested.

Regard,
Last edited by styxomaniac on Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tkydon
Sage

Re: NISA SBI Widrawal

Post by Tkydon »

Select which units from which NISA year you want to sell, and sell them.
They will deposit the funds in 3 working days, and you can then withdraw the funds.
:
:
This Guide to Japanese Taxes, English and Japanese Tai-Yaku 対訳, is now a little dated:

https://zaik.jp/books/472-4

The Publisher is not planning to publish an update for '23 Tax Season.
styxomaniac
Regular

Re: NISA SBI Widrawal

Post by styxomaniac »

Thank you for your reply.
Is this the right page? I just have to press the button encircled in red and input the amount I want to sell?
styxomaniac
Regular

Re: NISA SBI Questions

Post by styxomaniac »

I also would like to know what is the difference between these 2 custody category

goodandbadjapan
Veteran

Post by goodandbadjapan »

styxomaniac wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:23 pm I also would like to know what is the difference between these 2 custody category

The first one is for your investments in your taxable account and the second one is your NISA holdings. If you have investments in both you can choose which part to sell. Also when you buy, you can choose to hold in taxable account or NISA account.
styxomaniac
Regular

Post by styxomaniac »

I see... If I pick the 2nd option for NISA and invest, how will I choose which quota it will be associated with? My understanding is there are 2 types of NISA for 2024, the Tsumitate NISA and Growth NISA.
RetireJapan
Site Admin

Post by RetireJapan »

styxomaniac wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:57 am I see... If I pick the 2nd option for NISA and invest, how will I choose which quota it will be associated with? My understanding is there are 2 types of NISA for 2024, the Tsumitate NISA and Growth NISA.
The tsumitate portion only allows regular payments. This looks like a spot payment, so no choice (it goes in growth).

For regular payments it will ask you which section you want to assign it to.
English teacher and writer. RetireJapan founder. Avid reader.

eMaxis Slim Shady 8-)
styxomaniac
Regular

Post by styxomaniac »

Thank you to everyone for helping me out. This is my second year participating in NISA (T.NISA in 2023), and the changes make me excited but overwhelmed since I cannot read Japanese and only rely on Google Translate. I'm sure I'll have more questions in the future.
styxomaniac
Regular

Post by styxomaniac »

Hello,

I've been reading wikis and this forum using the search function about VOO and US ETFs because that is what I initially plan on buying, but the more I read, the more confused I become. I understand that most of you do not recommend buying US ETFs due to fees/taxes, which is fine with me. Can anyone please give me some advice on what funds I should invest in?

I'm already satisfied with my T.NISA portion, investing in both:
- eMAXIS Slim US stocks (S&P500) 60%
- eMAXIS Slim (All Country) 40%

However, my Growth NISA still needs some work. I mistakenly invested ¥60,000 in eMAXIS Slim US stocks (S&P500) last week because I didn't know that you cannot make a spot purchase for T.NISA, so that deposit went to my Growth NISA. Should I just copy what I have in T.NISA to my Growth NISA? Any advice on how to proceed? I'm in my mid-30s and thinking of a long-term investment. Thank you!
RetireJapan
Site Admin

Post by RetireJapan »

styxomaniac wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:40 am Can anyone please give me some advice on what funds I should invest in?
I only buy two mutual funds in my taxable and tax exempt accounts: a world stock fund and a developed country bond fund. There is no need to buy more funds in order to diversify, as it is the assets within the funds that determine how diversified your holdings are.

Keeping things simple is valuable too, in terms of reducing the number of decisions you need to make.

Anyone else?
English teacher and writer. RetireJapan founder. Avid reader.

eMaxis Slim Shady 8-)