NISA General Questions | SBI

CluelessToshika
Regular

Re: NISA General Questions | SBI

Post by CluelessToshika »

Tkydon wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:36 am
CluelessToshika wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:35 am
CluelessToshika wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:18 am it was late and I was tired.
And while in that state I put in an order for the growth part, as I could figure out how to do that, and the site said it will be executed the next day (i.e. today), but where the hell do I find the history for that transaction? All I can find is under "口座サマリー" the purchase sum listed under "現金残高等", and the remaining balance under "買付余力".

Also how long does it take for the order to be executed? I.e. show up e.g. here: https://site.sbisec.co.jp/account/nisa
It will usually take 3 or 4 business days to execute and settle the trade, depending on domicile of the fund and the underlying assets in the fund.

If you place an order before 3pm on a business day, they will accept your order that day.
If you place an order after 3pm on a business day, or on a weekend or holiday, they will not accept your order until the next business day.

They will then determine the price of a Mutual Fund or Index Fund on the close of the next business day.

They will then settle the transaction and deposit the Units into your account on the next business day for Domestic Funds with Japanese assets, or the next business day after that for funds with foreign assets, assuming it was not an overseas holiday, in which case it may take another business day or two until the overseas markets are open.

Expect it to take up to a week.
Thanks for the clarification, very helpful!
CluelessToshika
Regular

CluelessToshika wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:35 am but where the hell do I find the history for that transaction? All I can find is under "口座サマリー" the purchase sum listed under "現金残高等", and the remaining balance under "買付余力".
To answer my own question, as I have been speculatively blundering around the SBI site, which is like one of those old buildings which has had bits and pieces and entire new wings and annexes added on over the years but still retains its original rustic charm of a 2003 vintage website, click on "取引" in the top menu bar next to "口座管理", then on the menu bar which appears beneath the main blue menu bar, click "投資信託", then on the right hand side of the menu which appears beneath that click "注文照会 (取消)", and there it is in all its pending glory.
Also how long does it take for the order to be executed? I.e. show up e.g. here: https://site.sbisec.co.jp/account/nisa
So the above has 受渡日 listed as February 28th, I guess they have to service it and give it a safety check and register it with the police before handing it over, or was that bicycles?
Tkydon
Sage

Post by Tkydon »

CluelessToshika wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:47 pm So the above has 受渡日 listed as February 28th, I guess they have to service it and give it a safety check and register it with the police before handing it over, or was that bicycles?
Not a 'Safety Check'. They have to settle the trade.
:
:
This Guide to Japanese Taxes, English and Japanese Tai-Yaku 対訳, is now a little dated:

https://zaik.jp/books/472-4

The Publisher is not planning to publish an update for '23 Tax Season.
CluelessToshika
Regular

Tkydon wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:11 pm
CluelessToshika wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:47 pm So the above has 受渡日 listed as February 28th, I guess they have to service it and give it a safety check and register it with the police before handing it over, or was that bicycles?
Not a 'Safety Check'. They have to settle the trade.
I was being facetious, though being somewhat new to all this, I wonder if there is some description (I'm imaging a diagram, possibly in manga format) of whatever goes on "behind the scenes" when such an order is placed? I didn't expect this kind of thing to go through almost instantaneously, but my naive n00b self (see username) thought it would be a little faster, especially with all the fancy computers they have these days.

(This is not a demand for information, just thinking out loud what I don't know and what information I could be looking for to further my understanding, though of course if any information appreciated. I also refer myself to Tkydon's previous description upthread).

In other news SBI informs me the tax office says I am good to go.
CluelessToshika
Regular

And just wondering: having set up a tsumitate direct debit, I saw this on Reddit: SBI Direct Debit Issue. Did this affect anyone?
CluelessToshika
Regular

CluelessToshika wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:47 pm
CluelessToshika wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:35 am but where the hell do I find the history for that transaction? All I can find is under "口座サマリー" the purchase sum listed under "現金残高等", and the remaining balance under "買付余力".
To answer my own question, as I have been speculatively blundering around the SBI site, which is like one of those old buildings which has had bits and pieces and entire new wings and annexes added on over the years but still retains its original rustic charm of a 2003 vintage website, click on "取引" in the top menu bar next to "口座管理", then on the menu bar which appears beneath the main blue menu bar, click "投資信託", then on the right hand side of the menu which appears beneath that click "注文照会 (取消)", and there it is in all its pending glory.
So the above has 受渡日 listed as February 28th, I guess they have to service it and give it a safety check and register it with the police before handing it over, or was that bicycles?
So I logged in just now and the order has gone from the 注文照会 list and is now showing up as 投資信託 , but not (yet?) listed on the NISA page. I don't think I omitted to check the NISA預りbutton, but I don't see a transaction record of what I did (I'm imagining a receipt or confirmation mail or something which says "Dear CluelessToshika様, you placed this order on this day for this sum with this 預り区分"), maybe I just haven't found it. Note to self: make screenshots when placing orders.
CluelessToshika
Regular

CluelessToshika wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:12 am So I logged in just now and the order has gone from the 注文照会 list and is now showing up as 投資信託 , but not (yet?) listed on the NISA page. I don't think I omitted to check the NISA預りbutton, but I don't see a transaction record of what I did (I'm imagining a receipt or confirmation mail or something which says "Dear CluelessToshika様, you placed this order on this day for this sum with this 預り区分"), maybe I just haven't found it. Note to self: make screenshots when placing orders.
Aha, 口座管理 -> 取引履歴 -> (select conditions) -> 照会.

Shows as "投信金額買付 特定/一般/ --" so maybe I didn't click the NISA option? If so doh, but not the end of the world.

Edit: though wait, the CSV download has a column "課税" containing just "--" for this purchase, which implies non-taxable, which implies NISA? Questions over questions.

Anyway this is a fun quest, I am starting to make notes with the aim of writing it up somewhere.
Moneymatters
Veteran

Post by Moneymatters »

CluelessToshika wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:47 am
CluelessToshika wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:12 am So I logged in just now and the order has gone from the 注文照会 list and is now showing up as 投資信託 , but not (yet?) listed on the NISA page. I don't think I omitted to check the NISA預りbutton, but I don't see a transaction record of what I did (I'm imagining a receipt or confirmation mail or something which says "Dear CluelessToshika様, you placed this order on this day for this sum with this 預り区分"), maybe I just haven't found it. Note to self: make screenshots when placing orders.
Aha, 口座管理 -> 取引履歴 -> (select conditions) -> 照会.

Shows as "投信金額買付 特定/一般/ --" so maybe I didn't click the NISA option? If so doh, but not the end of the world.

Edit: though wait, the CSV download has a column "課税" containing just "--" for this purchase, which implies non-taxable, which implies NISA? Questions over questions.

Anyway this is a fun quest, I am starting to make notes with the aim of writing it up somewhere.
Trying to follow a purchase until it’s complete is like a “which fisherman caught the fish” puzzle.

In terms of whether you picked NISA and which type maybe trying looking at your remaining NISA allowance for this year and see if it’s reduced already. I seem to recall that’s updated early in the transaction lifecycle. But I could be wrong about that.
"That guy"
CluelessToshika
Regular

Moneymatters wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:15 am Trying to follow a purchase until it’s complete is like a “which fisherman caught the fish” puzzle.

In terms of whether you picked NISA and which type maybe trying looking at your remaining NISA allowance for this year and see if it’s reduced already. I seem to recall that’s updated early in the transaction lifecycle. But I could be wrong about that.
It's still on 2.4 million, but it wouldn't surprise me if the update wheels turn very slowly, based on what I've seen so far. Guess I'll know for certain by the 28th (受渡日).
anrhmn
Probation (posts moderated and no PMs)

Post by anrhmn »

styxomaniac wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:26 pm I hope this helps
I'm stuck on the step after this one (Step 3. 入力内容の確認) where it asks for a transaction password. Is it not the same password we log into our account with? Or do I need to make a specific password?

I made a reddit post about it (with a screenshot) here.
https://www.reddit.com/r/RetireJapan/co ... _password/

What am I doing wrong? Thank you