NISA General Questions | SBI

RetireJapan
Site Admin

Re: NISA General Questions | SBI

Post by RetireJapan »

trajan wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:06 am can it be greater?
No, the maximum is 100,000 yen a month. There is a 'bonus' payment feature you can use if you are not going to fill your tsumitate allowance (if you started late or your monthly payment is less than 100,000 yen) but you can't set the monthly payment above 100,000.
English teacher and writer. RetireJapan founder. Avid reader.

eMaxis Slim Shady 8-)
trajan
Regular

Post by trajan »

RetireJapan wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:09 am
trajan wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:06 am can it be greater?
No, the maximum is 100,000 yen a month. There is a 'bonus' payment feature you can use if you are not going to fill your tsumitate allowance (if you started late or your monthly payment is less than 100,000 yen) but you can't set the monthly payment above 100,000.
Much appreciated.
adamu
Sage

Post by adamu »

trajan wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:06 am What is the maximum payment per month that can be made in NISA tsumitate?

Does it need to be 100,000 yen or can it be greater?
RetireJapan wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:09 am the maximum is 100,000 yen a month. There is a 'bonus' payment feature you can use if you are not going to fill your tsumitate allowance (if you started late or your monthly payment is less than 100,000 yen) but you can't set the monthly payment above 100,000.
If you utilise the growth portion too, you can tsumitate up to ¥300k/mo. It's confusing because tsumitate is both the name of the tsumitate portion, and a term meaning regular investments. There's no reason you can't set up regular investments into the growth portion, too, for a maximum of ¥300k/mo.
styxomaniac
Regular

Post by styxomaniac »

I'm stuck on the step after this one (Step 3. 入力内容の確認) where it asks for a transaction password. Is it not the same password we log into our account with? Or do I need to make a specific password?
You can go to your account settings to change your transaction password. There is also an option to reset it. Just remember that the transaction password is different from your login password.

trajan
Regular

Post by trajan »

adamu wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:24 am If you utilise the growth portion too, you can tsumitate up to ¥300k/mo. It's confusing because tsumitate is both the name of the tsumitate portion, and a term meaning regular investments. There's no reason you can't set up regular investments into the growth portion, too, for a maximum of ¥300k/mo.
Thank you.

Am I correct to understand that the "growth portion" you speak of applies to the so-called "spot purchase" allocation, the one with the 2.4 million yen cap?

I am trying to target here the 1.2 million tsumitate allocation. Would you know how to make that 1-time "bonus" payment in that yearly allocation?

Again, thank you.
adamu
Sage

Post by adamu »

trajan wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:55 pm Am I correct to understand that the "growth portion" you speak of applies to the so-called "spot purchase" allocation, the one with the 2.4 million yen cap?
Yes.
trajan wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:55 pm I am trying to target here the 1.2 million tsumitate allocation. Would you know how to make that 1-time "bonus" payment in that yearly allocation?
It is done at the same time as you place the tsumitate order. You set the regular and bonus amounts and relevant dates. You can set up to two bonus days.

https://go.sbisec.co.jp/prd/fund/bonus_ ... index.html
trajan
Regular

Post by trajan »

adamu wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:29 pm
trajan wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:55 pm Am I correct to understand that the "growth portion" you speak of applies to the so-called "spot purchase" allocation, the one with the 2.4 million yen cap?
Yes.
trajan wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:55 pm I am trying to target here the 1.2 million tsumitate allocation. Would you know how to make that 1-time "bonus" payment in that yearly allocation?
It is done at the same time as you place the tsumitate order. You set the regular and bonus amounts and relevant dates. You can set up to two bonus days.

https://go.sbisec.co.jp/prd/fund/bonus_ ... index.html
Got it.

Thank you. Good karma to you.
Teflon
Veteran

Post by Teflon »

I'm a little confused. I have 400 shares in Japan Tobacco distributed as follows in my SBI account:

Shares (Cash / NISA Deposits (Growth Investment Quota)) / 株式(現物/NISA預り(成長投資枠))
Japan Tobacco 100 shares

Shares (in kind/formerly NISA) / 株式(現物/旧NISA預り)
Japan Tobacco 300 shares

Today I checked my account to see if I have received the dividends yet from these investments. I was surprised to see this:

It appears that my dividend for 100 shares of JT under the "New NISA" got taxed at the standard 20.315% rate. Maybe I missed something about how the New NISA works but I thought it was tax free? Hopefully someone can explain.

Incidentally, I have no idea why the deposit date is in the future. The money is already showing in my SBI account balance. Presumably it was deposited on Friday the 22nd.
RetireJapan
Site Admin

Post by RetireJapan »

Teflon wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:36 am I'm a little confused. I have 400 shares in Japan Tobacco distributed as follows in my SBI account:

Shares (Cash / NISA Deposits (Growth Investment Quota)) / 株式(現物/NISA預り(成長投資枠))
Japan Tobacco 100 shares

Shares (in kind/formerly NISA) / 株式(現物/旧NISA預り)
Japan Tobacco 300 shares

Today I checked my account to see if I have received the dividends yet from these investments. I was surprised to see this:

It appears that my dividend for 100 shares of JT under the "New NISA" got taxed at the standard 20.315% rate. Maybe I missed something about how the New NISA works but I thought it was tax free? Hopefully someone can explain.

Incidentally, I have no idea why the deposit date is in the future. The money is already showing in my SBI account balance. Presumably it was deposited on Friday the 22nd.
Are you sure the 100 shares are actually in your New NISA account? Doesn't seem like it from the screenshot.
English teacher and writer. RetireJapan founder. Avid reader.

eMaxis Slim Shady 8-)
Teflon
Veteran

Post by Teflon »

RetireJapan wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:02 am Are you sure the 100 shares are actually in your New NISA account? Doesn't seem like it from the screenshot.
Yeah, good question! I'm pretty sure I selected NISA when I bought it, and it shows up under the NISA section of my portfolio. The order history for this transaction appears to be NISA:

Maybe I failed to select something?