NISA General Questions | SBI

CluelessToshika
Regular

Re: NISA General Questions | SBI

Post by CluelessToshika »

CluelessToshika wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:08 am
Moneymatters wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:15 am Trying to follow a purchase until it’s complete is like a “which fisherman caught the fish” puzzle.

In terms of whether you picked NISA and which type maybe trying looking at your remaining NISA allowance for this year and see if it’s reduced already. I seem to recall that’s updated early in the transaction lifecycle. But I could be wrong about that.
It's still on 2.4 million, but it wouldn't surprise me if the update wheels turn very slowly, based on what I've seen so far. Guess I'll know for certain by the 28th (受渡日).
Right, so I purchased some more NISA growth funds today (being very careful to click the NISA button), and the NISA allowances were adjusted downwards by the purchase amount for those funds, so I conclude my first purchase was erroneously non-NISA.

Not a problem per-se, as I can easily max out my NISA allowance this year with plenty of change to spare, but out of curiosity, is it possible to directly convert a non-NISA purchase to NISA? I suspect not but would it be useful to know.

So far I am up 101 yen (100 yen from T-points, and 1 yen from no idea where but I guess something was rounded up.
adamu
Sage

Post by adamu »

CluelessToshika wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:17 am is it possible to directly convert a non-NISA purchase to NISA?
No.
RetireJapan
Site Admin

Post by RetireJapan »

anrhmn wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:00 am a transaction password
This is normally a PIN and is a safety feature to make sure that someone who gains access to your login details is not able to trade without also knowing the PIN.
English teacher and writer. RetireJapan founder. Avid reader.

eMaxis Slim Shady 8-)
Moneymatters
Veteran

Post by Moneymatters »

CluelessToshika wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:17 am
Moneymatters wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:15 am Trying to follow a purchase until it’s complete is like a “which fisherman caught the fish” puzzle.

In terms of whether you picked NISA and which type maybe trying looking at your remaining NISA allowance for this year and see if it’s reduced already. I seem to recall that’s updated early in the transaction lifecycle. But I could be wrong about that.
It's still on 2.4 million, but it wouldn't surprise me if the update wheels turn very slowly, based on what I've seen so far. Guess I'll know for certain by the 28th (受渡日).
Right, so I purchased some more NISA growth funds today (being very careful to click the NISA button), and the NISA allowances were adjusted downwards by the purchase amount for those funds, so I conclude my first purchase was erroneously non-NISA.
Ha! So it seems I was right about the available allowance reducing!
"That guy"
adamu
Sage

Post by adamu »

RetireJapan wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:50 am
This is normally a PIN and is a safety feature to make sure that someone who gains access to your login details is not able to trade without also knowing the PIN.
It's definitely not a PIN on SBI. Maybe that used to be possible but now it looks like it needs to be between 10 and 20 chars, have numbers, letters and symbols...
beanhead
Sage

Post by beanhead »

adamu wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:38 pm
RetireJapan wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:50 am
It's definitely not a PIN on SBI. Maybe that used to be possible but now it looks like it needs to be between 10 and 20 chars, have numbers, letters and symbols...
Off-topic perhaps since this is about SBI, but Monex also changed from a short password to a longer one for transactions last year (2023).
Aiming to retire at 60 and live for a while longer. 95% index funds (eMaxis Slim etc), 5% Japanese dividend stocks.
RetireJapan
Site Admin

Post by RetireJapan »

Interesting. So it's only Rakuten that still has a PIN?
English teacher and writer. RetireJapan founder. Avid reader.

eMaxis Slim Shady 8-)
CluelessToshika
Regular

adamu wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:34 am
CluelessToshika wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:17 am is it possible to directly convert a non-NISA purchase to NISA?
No.
I guessed that would be the case, but I have bad habit of forming my own conclusions and not sanity-checking them, so thought I'd better ask. (It is most liberating to declare myself as clueless ;) ).
Moneymatters wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:34 pm
CluelessToshika wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:17 am

Ha! So it seems I was right about the available allowance reducing!
Yup :).

Meanwhile I'm once again in the situation where the NISA purchases have vanished into some limbo I'm unable to locate, though I can deduce their existence from the NISA allowance changes and the remaining 買付余力 . I assume they'll surface in a day or two (or I'm just not looking in the right place).

In other news proud to report that my first fund purchase (the one which should have been NISA but wasn't) appears to be active and I am now a pre-tax 20,000 yen or so richer, so I'll be off out to place a deposit on a private jet or yacht or something.
CluelessToshika
Regular

CluelessToshika wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:28 am Meanwhile I'm once again in the situation where the NISA purchases have vanished into some limbo I'm unable to locate, though I can deduce their existence from the NISA allowance changes and the remaining 買付余力 . I assume they'll surface in a day or two (or I'm just not looking in the right place).
FWIW they surfaced late last night, and are reflected in the "NISA資産残高", though not yet "active" (for want of the appropriate technical term).
trajan
Regular

Post by trajan »

What is the maximum payment per month that can be made in NISA tsumitate?

Does it need to be 100,000 yen or can it be greater?

If monthly payments greater than 100,000 yen can be made and the NISA allocation for tsumitate for that year is fulfilled earlier, would the purchases stop automatically? Say, the payments are made via CC, would these stop?

I'm using Rakuten Securities, in case it matters.

Thank you.