Started a small business on my own

Tsumitate Wrestler
Veteran

Re: Started a small business on my own

Post by Tsumitate Wrestler »

I'm curious, it seems like this is mostly a.i generated content? Perhaps a bit of human touchups?
RetireJapan
Site Admin

Post by RetireJapan »

Sorry, they were clever enough to post a few times with generic content before posting the link.

An unwanted evolution :roll:

Account is deleted now.
English teacher and writer. RetireJapan founder. Avid reader.

eMaxis Slim Shady 8-)
adamu
Sage

Post by adamu »

I'm curious which account it was. I saw a few posts by a new user and thought "this smells like a bot". I bet it was that one 🎯
captainspoke
Sage

Post by captainspoke »

I wonder if AI has been trained on this:
As soon as he began to amalate the noeme, the clemise began to smother her and they fell into hydromuries, into savage ambonies, into exasperating sustales. Each time that he tried to relamate the hairincops, he became entangled in a whining grimate and had to face up to envulsioning the novalisk, feeling how little by little the arnees would spejune, were becoming peltronated, redoblated, until they were stretched out like the ergomanine trimalciate which drops a few filures of cariaconce. And it was still only the beginning, because right away she tordled her hurgales, allowing him gently to bring up his orfelunes. No sooner had they cofeathered than something like a ulucord encrestored them, extrajuxted them, and paramoved them, suddenly it was the clinon, the sterfurous convulcant of matericks, the slobberdigging raimouth of the orgumion.
—Julio Cortázar, Hopscotch, trans. Gregory Rabassa (New York: Pantheon Books, 1966)

Imagine the translator's challenge of producing that english from the original spanish.
Tsumitate Wrestler
Veteran

Post by Tsumitate Wrestler »

captainspoke wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:11 am I wonder if AI has been trained on this:
As soon as he began to amalate the noeme, the clemise began to smother her and they fell into hydromuries, into savage ambonies, into exasperating sustales. Each time that he tried to relamate the hairincops, he became entangled in a whining grimate and had to face up to envulsioning the novalisk, feeling how little by little the arnees would spejune, were becoming peltronated, redoblated, until they were stretched out like the ergomanine trimalciate which drops a few filures of cariaconce. And it was still only the beginning, because right away she tordled her hurgales, allowing him gently to bring up his orfelunes. No sooner had they cofeathered than something like a ulucord encrestored them, extrajuxted them, and paramoved them, suddenly it was the clinon, the sterfurous convulcant of matericks, the slobberdigging raimouth of the orgumion.
—Julio Cortázar, Hopscotch, trans. Gregory Rabassa (New York: Pantheon Books, 1966)

Imagine the translator's challenge of producing that english from the original spanish.
I imagine the original Spanish isn't too readable. I like the idea of anti-novels, but for every Ulysses there is a Finnegans Wake.