Credit card tsumitate increase

Adamakin86
Regular

Credit card tsumitate increase

Post by Adamakin86 »

Reports yesterday and today of the government giving the go ahead for tsumitate to be increased to 10man. Latest report says from March.

The extra points will be very welcome. But I wonder if SBI’s platinum preferred card will still give 5% points…
adamu
Sage

Re: Credit card tsumitate increase

Post by adamu »

Thanks for the heads up. I finally applied (although SBI/SMBC have not confirmed that they will increase the limit).

The site timed out while trying to connect to my bank and said because I "didn't agree" to entering my bank details online, the application is likely to take about 1 month. I also didn't get any acknowledgement of the application by email (yet). Good start 😅
styxomaniac
Regular

Post by styxomaniac »

I have the Platinum Preferred card from SMBC, and I like it a lot. The 5% you get with SBI investments pretty much pays for the annual fee of the card, and all V Points (which will merge with T Points on 4/22) can be used to purchase investments on SBI. The only downside is that there is no direct dial phone number printed on the card (or anywhere online), so if you need assistance, you have to use the app’s automated chat assistant, which is terrible.
sutebayashi
Veteran

Post by sutebayashi »

I got the aplus Monex card recently, but (yes) they butchered my name as usual, and the name difference with Monex (from which I applied for the card in the first place) precludes use of credit card tsumitate…

I applied online to have them correct my name on the aplus side, but for some reason this is a multi day waiting process… fingers crossed I can get it to work prior to my going insane, or making me contemplate turning Japanese.
Adamakin86
Regular

Post by Adamakin86 »

sutebayashi wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:27 am I got the aplus Monex card recently,
I’ve heard it’s not worth applying for this card because so many people seem to fail the credit check. Plenty of YouTubers and ポイ活 people claim they’ve applied so many times and always been turned down. Maybe they have too many cards.

Good luck with the name issue!
bryanc
Veteran

Post by bryanc »

hi,
looking to start a tsumitate nisa-could anyone advise a good credit card to set this up with to get points? dont know if matters but currently have standard nisa with monex and sbi bank acct..thanks
zeroshiki
Veteran

Post by zeroshiki »

bryanc wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:53 am hi,
looking to start a tsumitate nisa-could anyone advise a good credit card to set this up with to get points? dont know if matters but currently have standard nisa with monex and sbi bank acct..thanks
The SMBC card is the best one so I recommend that. It's actually considered one of the best credit cards for points earning in general as well.
https://www.smbc-card.com/nyukai/card/numberless.jsp
styxomaniac
Regular

Post by styxomaniac »

bryanc wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:53 am hi,
If you're choosing SBI as your brokerage, the SMBC Platinum Preferred card is an excellent pairing. Here's why:

Platinum Benefits: Enjoy premium perks like a free English concierge, airport lounge access, and 7% cashback on convenience stores and select restaurants and a lot more
Offset Costs: While there's a 33,000 yen annual fee, investing the maximum 50,000 yen/month in your SBI Tsumitate-NISA earns you 30,000 yen in points (5% back). Use these points to cover your card fees or reinvest into your NISA. Some ETF will also give points so this combined will cover the annual fee of the card.
Sweeten the Deal: Get a 40,000 yen signup bonus when you spend 400,000 yen within the first three months.

Here is a referral link if you are interested, I get 10,000yen you get 12,000yen+ when you open a CC account and SBI account (conditions applies):
https://www.smbc-card.com/olentry/affil ... 402606911
bryanc
Veteran

Post by bryanc »

that sounds very good indeed..
however the issue is my nisa is currently with monex..
zeroshiki
Veteran

Post by zeroshiki »

You could apply for a Monex card to get points but it's quite hard to get one if you have a western name. Another option is to get the SMBC card and move your future NISA to SBI.