Self Intro

Anything that doesn't fit in another forum
Yutaka2024
Regular

Self Intro

Post by Yutaka2024 »

Dear Forum.

Hello, I am new to the forum; wanted to introduce myself and share my goals. I grew up in Okinawa until end of high school and have been in the USA for the last sixteen years. I moved here because my father found work here stateside; but after 2years being stateside my parents decided to go back to Japan. My main goal is to move back to Okinawa ;I could of done it any time in my twenties, but I would of been working a dead end job and working for most J-companies just suck. So I decided to plan go back to Okinawa my own terms.

Between investments IE: Large trading position in bitcoin; trading my own capital in futures Nasdaq; and applying for a Prop firm at the curernt moment. I hoping at the end of the year; once usa cuts interest rates I will sell majority of my investments for cash and will purchase a house okinawa; and kill my USA citizenship. I currently have a family. My wife is japanese and daughter is 75% japanese and both have ctizenship.

I will be posting my my results every week and updating my plan on going home.

Futures Trading results: $550.00
northSaver
Veteran

Re: Self Intro

Post by northSaver »

Yutaka2024 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:51 pm I will be posting my my results every week and updating my plan on going home.

Futures Trading results: $550.00
Hi there, and welcome to the forum! I should warn you that a lot of people here have a disliking of speculative trading (futures, crypto, forex, etc.) and invest simply in one global stocks fund. I am also mostly an investor now, though I have dabbled with futures and forex trading in the past and plan to revisit it in the future when I have more time. I was never consistent enough to do it full time, so abandoned it a few years ago to focus on my business and investing. I personally know some people who make a living out of it so I know it can be done, but the catch is that it's hard to make money consistently unless you do it fulltime, and it's hard to do it fulltime unless you're making money consistently :)

About your futures trading results, I'm sorry but they don't mean much without some context. Specifically, how much capital was required to make that amount? And is that monthly profit for January? If not, how long did it take? And how long have you been doing it for? I found it can be easy to make money at first, then lose it all after a few months.

Sorry, these questions can be too personal to answer. But I don't think posting your trading results weekly will go down well here without more context, and could be construed as a fishing attempt to attract people you want to mentor or even scam for a fee. Believe me, I've seen that happen more than a few times.

I also have questions about your trading style / system, which is a subject that really fascinates me. But I will hold off for now.
Yutaka2024
Regular

Post by Yutaka2024 »

Im pretty sure the community is compromised of Index holders/ short term purchases of diff assets; but Im not here to advocate to what people should do with what their money; its not really of my concern. Im just here to document my journey of 2024 of moving back home to whom any one that finds it interesting. If the moderators feel like im here to scam people im pretty sure they will ban asap.

Now far as "trading experience" im assuming your talking about day trading. When it comes to day trading highly leverage markets like Options, futures, margined stocks/cfds/forex there is a 85% failure rate last time i checked. High failure rate of margin trading is nature of the business. If you don't trade on margin and stick with high cap stocks you can have a very successful trading career over 20-50 years if you do it full or part time. I personally just do both.
GuiTsu

Post by GuiTsu »

"Futures Trading results: $550.00"
what does it mean? If I don't misunderstand this amount, I don't think we are looking for so small results here.
Yutaka2024
Regular

Post by Yutaka2024 »

Guitsu i am not sure what your net worth is so maybe 550 a week = 2200 usd extra income a month is peanuts for you.
I normally make 1250+ a week from trading Nasdaq futures. 550 was a low performance for me last week.
Currently I am increasing my account balance so im goal is 12-15k USD a month trading Nasdaq index futures by June 2024
If you curious what is futures trading. a google search can help facilitate your understanding of it.

Thanks,

Yutaka
adamu
Sage

Post by adamu »

Something bothers me about the direction of this thread. We're all friends here. Let's not antagonize each other.
RetireJapan wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:05 am This is a friendly, relaxed place. People are nice. People help each other. New people can ask questions, no matter how basic, and get helpful, useful answers. People can share their problems and experiences. The forum is positive and optimistic. I want it to stay that way.

Anyone can ask a question. There are no bad questions. But the barrier to answer is a bit higher. You should know what you are talking about, or have been through a similar situation. You should post reasons, or link to explanations or evidence. If someone disagrees with you, you should discuss it amicably.

This is not a place for mockery, for moaning, for shitposting. There are other forums for that. This one is different.
northSaver
Veteran

Post by northSaver »

Personally I think that this is not the place to post weekly unverified trading results. There are more appropriate forums for that, which I can introduce to Yutaka2024 by PM if he is interested.

On the other hand, this is an excellent place to discuss his forthcoming move to Japan and I'm sure the community will be warm and helpful in this regard.
Tsumitate Wrestler
Veteran

Post by Tsumitate Wrestler »

Yutaka2024 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:51 pm
kill my USA citizenship.
Please note that giving up your American citizenship is likely going to be a long and painful process. Preparate for a lot of paperwork and pain.
Yutaka2024 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:51 pm Futures Trading results: $550.00
You are trading Nasdaq futures without leverage in cash? This is not something you could realistically continue in the JST timezone if you are doing this actively.

I wonder why you settled on this active strategy vs a 2x bull Nasdaq fund long term, perhaps balanced out with treasuries. You seem to understand the failure rates of active trading long term.
Yutaka2024
Regular

Post by Yutaka2024 »

Tsumitate Wrestler,

I been planning this move for last several years, already declared at the embassy I am actively in the process to renouncing my US citizenship.
Answer your question about why i do what i do; It all comes down to your Goals/ Risk tolerance. Some people like to take a safer route; others want faster gains so they take risker routes.

You can trade US index futures during the London session or NY session; just depends how late you want to stay up. If you don't like the NIkkei225, HSI, or Nifty50 futures are available. As right now Im taking trading futures more serious and upping my seize, but I have majority of my cash in bitcoin. Bitcoin has been moving aggressive way ahead of schedule because of the Bitcoin ETF approval. Once it breaks 100k usd Im selling and will be purchasing a decent house in okinawa cash. It is just a waiting game for me at this point.

https://www.e-uchina.net/bukken/house/h ... etail.html

adamu
Sage

Post by adamu »

Yutaka2024 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:11 am Once it breaks 100k usd Im selling
Just beware that if you live in Japan, crypto gains are miscellaneous income and could cause your aggregate tax rate to reach up to 55.945%.