Self Intro

Anything that doesn't fit in another forum
Yutaka2024
Regular

Re: Self Intro

Post by Yutaka2024 »

Just a bit of a update; im hitting my financially goals in order to move to okinawa on my own terms. My bitcoin investment alone is doing well, if i would sell it all now i could purhcase a decent 3ldk condo/mansion; but im holding out for rest of the year to buy a decent house. Okinawa cost of living is lower than most areas and many people are underpaid compared to rest of japan. I am making sure when i move over there ill be stress free and living a decent life.
Deep Blue
Veteran

Post by Deep Blue »

Probably better to use the word speculating rather than investing.
northSaver
Veteran

Post by northSaver »

Deep Blue wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:56 pm Probably better to use the word speculating rather than investing.
It could be argued that buying BTC is an investment if you expect it to go up in the long term. Early buyers consider it an investment. Speculating is more about short-term gain. We're not sure from the information given how long Yutaka2024 has been holding his BTC. If he's trading it short-term then you're right... "speculating" is the better term :)
Deep Blue
Veteran

Post by Deep Blue »

Buying things (gold/art/sports cars/whisky/craptocurrency etc) and hoping someone else will pay you more for it is speculating.

Buying something for cash flows associated with it (equities, bonds, property, infrastructure etc) is investing…

You can make or lose money doing both but I think it’s a useful distinction to make.
Yutaka2024
Regular

Post by Yutaka2024 »

IF you achieve you goals X way more power to you is all I can say. The idea moving to another country or back to your own country on your own terms and not dependent financially on any one else is possibly a hard task to achieve depending on your economic socio status. Especially in a short term basis versus a 10 year plan. I will be flying my family out to okinawa this summer; since my wife is not from okinawa; to look at properties and just enjoy life. Im thinking about making a short video on that and share it on here, and talk about certain things about the local area if that interests you guys.

Several of my friends in okinawa are raising their families on 2.5k usd a month and doing fine. So for me when i return home i want to live stress free as possible and not worry about anything. So making 10kusd a month, house/car paid for; would be the best situation for me. This may seem like a lofty goal to some; but i been planning this for 3 years now and a lot of the smaller goals i have met are hitting 1 after another. Its kind of nice to be able to see my plans come to fruition.
beanhead
Sage

Post by beanhead »

This is a very strange thread.
It is not clear to me what the point of it is.
Aiming to retire at 60 and live for a while longer. 95% index funds (eMaxis Slim etc), 5% Japanese dividend stocks.
Yutaka2024
Regular

Post by Yutaka2024 »

enjoy the ride :D
RetireJapan
Site Admin

Post by RetireJapan »

It does kind of feel like it should be a blog rather than a thread on this forum :)
English teacher and writer. RetireJapan founder. Avid reader.

eMaxis Slim Shady 8-)
Yutaka2024
Regular

Post by Yutaka2024 »

thats kind of the intention sharing the journey; but if that violates the rules please feel free to delete
Deep Blue
Veteran

Post by Deep Blue »

I think it would be more relevant and useful to others if you share some idea of your methods, capital and strategy rather than simply
posting up weekly trading results, which are pretty meaningless without context.