Self Intro

Anything that doesn't fit in another forum
northSaver
Veteran

Re: Self Intro

Post by northSaver »

Deep Blue wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:04 am Buying things (gold/art/sports cars/whisky/craptocurrency etc) and hoping someone else will pay you more for it is speculating.

Buying something for cash flows associated with it (equities, bonds, property, infrastructure etc) is investing…

You can make or lose money doing both but I think it’s a useful distinction to make.
Yeah, it's an interesting definition, thanks. I hadn't really thought of investing primarily for income (cashflow?), but I suppose that's what it boils down to in the end. Even if we're investing for growth, eventually most of us will draw down the investments in retirement (using for example the 4% rule), which means they will provide us with income.

However, I don't think there's anything wrong with including investments that don't pay dividends in our portfolios (such as gold and BTC) for the sake of diversity and reduced volatility.

Sorry, it's probably irrelevant to this thread because it seems that Yutaka is heavy on BTC and is probably short-term speculating.
Yutaka2024
Regular

Post by Yutaka2024 »

Deep Blue wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:51 am I think it would be more relevant and useful to others if you share some idea of your methods, capital and strategy rather than simply
posting up weekly trading results, which are pretty meaningless without context.
Im not here to promote my personal investment strats; but I think im been pretty clear; I trading index futures, and holding a decent large positions in digital assets. The digital assets will pay for my house/ and cars cash; and I plan to continue to trade index futures as my main source of income when i return home.

In detail how much XYZ; I looked across the forums I haven't really seen any one convey their personal assets in fiat terms ; I think that is personal information; if that is what your asking. I also have not been posting weekly trading future results.

If you want to know how I trade specifically index futures/digital assets your more than welcome to dm; I can send you some youtube videos that are actual good information, but Im not here to promote any type of trading strategies or investing advice. Im simply stating my goals and the means Im going to achieve those goals. If i would go into detail how I achieve success over the years in trading the financial assets; it would go over most people's head tbh.
Yutaka2024
Regular

Post by Yutaka2024 »

northSaver wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:40 am
Deep Blue wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:04 am Buying things (gold/art/sports cars/whisky/craptocurrency etc) and hoping someone else will pay you more for it is speculating.

Buying something for cash flows associated with it (equities, bonds, property, infrastructure etc) is investing…

You can make or lose money doing both but I think it’s a useful distinction to make.
Yeah, it's an interesting definition, thanks. I hadn't really thought of investing primarily for income (cashflow?), but I suppose that's what it boils down to in the end. Even if we're investing for growth, eventually most of us will draw down the investments in retirement (using for example the 4% rule), which means they will provide us with income.

However, I don't think there's anything wrong with including investments that don't pay dividends in our portfolios (such as gold and BTC) for the sake of diversity and reduced volatility.

Sorry, it's probably irrelevant to this thread because it seems that Yutaka is heavy on BTC and is probably short-term speculating.
Me personally I wouldn't get so hanged up on the definitions of words; Just have your goals and find the best way to "invest" or "speculate" with your money to achieve them in the quickest manner you can. I also hope every one can; but due USA interest rates/ Inflation cycle; many people will be affected next several years.
Deep Blue
Veteran

Post by Deep Blue »

Yutaka2024 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:09 am
Me personally I wouldn't get so hanged up on the definitions of words; Just have your goals and find the best way to "invest" or "speculate" with your money to achieve them in the quickest manner you can.
I personally believe the difference is absolutely critical, one one versus the other is like night vs day.

Same difference trading vs investing - different mindset required to be successful in either, the way one approaches each and the risk profiles are very different.
adamu
Sage

Post by adamu »

@Yutaka2024 if you had your plan this time in 2022 (end of Feb - end of Dec), you'd have lost over 50% of your savings. It took another year to recover back to the Feb 2022 price so you'd have had to hold on for another year without selling out to make even.

Obviously this is 2024 not 2022, but just pointing it out in case that's your only plan.
Tsumitate Wrestler
Veteran

Post by Tsumitate Wrestler »

I think perhaps you might find your audience on reddit. Lots of crypto and option\future trading discussions there. However, on reddit they say that those who brag about wins need to provide details, and explain their approaches and "strategy".

Without context and figures it's just bragging. There's nothing really to discuss here outside of your extreme risk tolerance.
Yutaka2024
Regular

Post by Yutaka2024 »

adamu wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:29 am @Yutaka2024 if you had your plan this time in 2022 (end of Feb - end of Dec), you'd have lost over 50% of your savings. It took another year to recover back to the Feb 2022 price so you'd have had to hold on for another year without selling out to make even.

Obviously this is 2024 not 2022, but just pointing it out in case that's your only plan.
Ya bitcoin has a common 4 year cycle; and 75% correction to this date; smart people will either DCA into the asset; or buy some where around the 70-90 correction from the ATH. Even if people bought or DCA/ from the ATH in 5 years they are doing very well. Bitcoin is the fast moving asset and has out performed anything.
Yutaka2024
Regular

Post by Yutaka2024 »

Tsumitate Wrestler wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:59 am I think perhaps you might find your audience on reddit. Lots of crypto and option\future trading discussions there. However, on reddit they say that those who brag about wins need to provide details, and explain their approaches and "strategy".

Without context and figures it's just bragging. There's nothing really to discuss here outside of your extreme risk tolerance.
All I said is this is my goals and how I am going to achieve my goals financially. Most crypto/ day traders are putting up big numbers; driving lambos; and selling courses. Im still in the prep phase of my journey; possibly by summer I may be able to move more aggressively with my plans which i doubt, but definitely the end of the year. Once i start executing my plan; ill predominantly share mostly about that.

Since you focused on my "Strategies" google these topics ; EX: Auction market theory; Market/Volume Profiles; OPtions Gamma Hedging; Ice berg manipulations. These are a few subjects; there are many more. I could volumes on these subjects; but im not here for that :)
sutebayashi
Veteran

Post by sutebayashi »

Yutaka2024 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:12 am Bitcoin is the fast moving asset and has out performed anything.
I believe Cocoa has outperformed it, year to date.

You’ve been left in the dirt by staying in BTC :)

Edit: I see even over the past 1 year (as of today) Cocoa has outperformed BTC :)
https://finviz.com/futures_performance.ashx?v=16
Deep Blue
Veteran

Post by Deep Blue »

Yutaka2024 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:22 am
Tsumitate Wrestler wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:59 am I think perhaps you might find your audience on reddit. Lots of crypto and option\future trading discussions there. However, on reddit they say that those who brag about wins need to provide details, and explain their approaches and "strategy".

All I said is this is my goals and how I am going to achieve my goals financially. Most crypto/ day traders are putting up big numbers; driving lambos; and selling courses. Im still in the prep phase of my journey; possibly by summer I may be able to move more aggressively with my plans which i doubt, but definitely the end of the year. Once i start executing my plan; ill predominantly share mostly about that.

Since you focused on my "Strategies" google these topics ; EX: Auction market theory; Market/Volume Profiles; OPtions Gamma Hedging; Ice berg manipulations. These are a few subjects; there are many more. I could volumes on these subjects; but im not here for that :)
What do you think your edge is trading Bitcoin? What market inefficiency are you exploiting?

Since there is no yield, the only way to make money is going a Greater Fool buys it off you at a higher price.

What is the right value for Bitcoin?