Japanese Credit Cards. What’s in your wallet?

Anything that doesn't fit in another forum
Wales4rugbyWC23
Veteran

Re: Japanese Credit Cards. What’s in your wallet?

Post by Wales4rugbyWC23 »

JAL airmiles visa- a modest yearly fee and you can take out card loans. The airmiles are only really worth it for domestic flights and I have used them a lot recently.

Sorry I am copying and pasting from another post on this site, but my Apple account was hacked, and the Japanese hacker got away with a lot of money through my credit card. Apple refused to refund three times and would not give an explanation. JAL credit card refunded me everything. Good on you JAL credit card, the insurance you have with purchases through credit card payments- really does mean something.
nanaya
Regular

Post by nanaya »

paypay for paypay related stuff
rakuten for rakuten stuff
aeon for aeon stuff and cheap movie ticket (the theater is 10 minutes walk from my place)
bic camera view for suica
epos because it's used by my guarantor company
and amazon for everything else
smalldog
Regular

Post by smalldog »

What are the thoughts on maintaining the Rakuten Premium Card - is it still worth it for high earners who push all their Furisato Nozei spending through the platform? I feel like they make the earnings on 0/5 days opaque on purpose…
zeroshiki
Veteran

Post by zeroshiki »

smalldog wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:50 am What are the thoughts on maintaining the Rakuten Premium Card - is it still worth it for high earners who push all their Furisato Nozei spending through the platform? I feel like they make the earnings on 0/5 days opaque on purpose…
It depends. If you enjoy the other perks on the card (priority pass although its been nerfed, the shopping course, etc) then its still a good deal as long as you keep up with the SPU (use the other Rakuten services). Its not as good as it was before, but I still keep mine for the extras.