Tsumitate and Growth quotas questions

MurabitoB
Probation (posts moderated and no PMs)

Tsumitate and Growth quotas questions

Post by MurabitoB »

Good day everyone!

I have just started my first NISA account (SBI) and am about to invest. I know what I want to invest into (三菱UFJ-eMAXIS Slim 全世界株式(オール・カントリー)) but I am not sure I completely understand the separation of the two quotas of Tsumitate and Growth.

My understanding is that tsumitate is a monthly deposit of X amount of money to buy from a limited choice of options. While the Growth part is not limited to being monthly deposits, but and has a slightly different selection of investments.

I am not very interested in actively investing as much as just setting up this account to monthly invest into the choices I make, but I would like to use the full potential of the account rather than only the tsumitate part. Is it possible to set up monthly investments on both parts of the account? Would I in that case need to calculate how much that should go to which part each month to not hit the limits? I plan on maxing out the account as soon as possible.

Kind regards,
MurabitoB
adamu
Sage

Re: Tsumitate and Growth quotas questions

Post by adamu »

MurabitoB wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:24 am Is it possible to set up monthly investments on both parts of the account? Would I in that case need to calculate how much that should go to which part each month to not hit the limits? I plan on maxing out the account as soon as possible.
Yes. You should set up two 積立買付 orders. One for the つみたて枠 and one for the 成長枠. You can buy the same fund in both portions, as long as it's eligible for the Tsumitate portion, which eMaxis Slim All Country is. You have ten months, so that would be monthly amounts of ¥120k for Tsumitate and ¥240k for Growth.