WHAT AND HOW DID YOU PAY FOR YOUR DETACHED HOUSE?

Chibalass

Re: WHAT AND HOW DID YOU PAY FOR YOUR DETACHED HOUSE?

Post by Chibalass »

Paid 23 million for a used house (20 years old or so) in the suburbs in Chiba, near Tsudanuma.
0.5% 10 year fixed loan, split 50-50. Still getting the 10 year tax rebate annually at the moment, due to run out soon.
Not thinking of paying off the loan early, but we have enough in the bank to pay it if we wanted.

New homes going up around here for about 40-50 million, some apartments in tower blocks nearer to 70.
Wales4rugbyWC23
Veteran

Post by Wales4rugbyWC23 »

Paid 55 million yen for a Mitsui Home new house in Fukuoka ken, my wife really enjoyed the whole building and interior design process. We are on a housing estate where they would only certain house builders and Tama home was definitely not one of them. Financed through SMBC with a 10-million-yen deposit somehow, they are connected to Mitsui home, so it was a doddle with the mortgage despite not having PR then. Hoping to pay off the mortgage early don't like the prospect of paying a mortgage into my late sixties.
captainspoke
Sage

Post by captainspoke »

An interesting concept is the "forever home""--easily google-able.

I think that's what we have, or that we ended up with, inadvertently.

So if I may add this to the discussion, is the house you bought a forever home, or not?
Silversurfer

Post by Silversurfer »

captainspoke wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:26 am An interesting concept is the "forever home""--easily google-able.

I think that's what we have, or that we ended up with, inadvertently.

So if I may add this to the discussion, is the house you bought a forever home, or not?
It is for me. Paid off a decade ago. Shopping centers and a post office and Koban close by within walking distance. Quiet street near a major thoroughfare. Small yard. Shed. Outdoor kerosene tank - Smells like napalm in the mornings. Many trees all around the house in the narrow space between the “defensive” walls and the walls of the house itself. Renovated five of the right rooms. Have a tokonoma, butsudan and kamidana. Two tatami rooms. An attic.

Livin’ large.
Silversurfer

Post by Silversurfer »

Chibalass wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:38 am Paid 23 million for a used house (20 years old or so) in the suburbs in Chiba, near Tsudanuma.
0.5% 10 year fixed loan, split 50-50. Still getting the 10 year tax rebate annually at the moment, due to run out soon.
Not thinking of paying off the loan early, but we have enough in the bank to pay it if we wanted.

New homes going up around here for about 40-50 million, some apartments in tower blocks nearer to 70.
A tax rebate for a “used” home?
Deep Blue
Veteran

Post by Deep Blue »

captainspoke wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:26 am
When the children have flown the coop, maybe we would think about a smaller place, maybe an apartment. Not really sure…