Tsumitate bonus payment method (Rakuten Sec.)

Flintomatic
Probation (posts moderated and no PMs)

Tsumitate bonus payment method (Rakuten Sec.)

Post by Flintomatic »

Hello,
First, I'd like to thank Ben for all of his really helpful videos, and also the wider RJ community for creating this database of incredibly useful information. Now I'm hoping that somebody here may be able to help me with a couple of matters regarding the new NISA.

==== I recently set up my NISA with Rakuten Securities and have set a bonus tsumitate payment to go out at the start of next month. Additionally, I've set a monthly payment of 100 yen so that my tsumitate contributions max out at 1.2M yen over 12 months. I have the funds ready and waiting in my Rakuten Securities account, but do I need to set up Money Bridge for the monthly payments and/or bonus payment to go through? I don't currently have a Rakuten bank account and wasn't planning to open one, but it seems as if setting up Money Bridge means setting up a Rakuten bank account, unless I'm mistaken. I've already paid into the Growth portion of NISA and it took the money directly from my Rakuten Securities account, with no mention of Money Bridge.

==== Secondly, after purchasing the Growth portion, it took a few days to clear and now it's showing on the Rakuten Securities dashboard — but there's no data on gains/losses. I'm wondering how long it takes for a first NISA investment to start showing such data.

Thanks in advance for any advice!
beanhead
Sage

Re: Tsumitate bonus payment method (Rakuten Sec.)

Post by beanhead »

Flintomatic wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:10 am but it seems as if setting up Money Bridge means setting up a Rakuten bank account, unless I'm mistaken. I've already paid into the Growth portion of NISA and it took the money directly from my Rakuten Securities account, with no mention of Money Bridge.
Exactly. Money Bridge is not required. If you have already transferred the money to your Securities account, the investments will be made from that money.

I use Rakuten Securities, but have never set up their bank account so never used the bridge.
Aiming to retire at 60 and live for a while longer. 95% index funds (eMaxis Slim etc), 5% Japanese dividend stocks.
Flintomatic
Probation (posts moderated and no PMs)

Re: Tsumitate bonus payment method (Rakuten Sec.)

Post by Flintomatic »

Thanks beanhead, that's good to know.
Also, an update on the second part. I've just checked my account and am pleased to report that data is now showing, so for anyone following in my footsteps, it takes about four days after the purchase order was accepted for data to start showing (at least, in my case).