Sock options

Anything that doesn't fit in another forum
greeninjapan

Sock options

Post by greeninjapan »

Hello,

Nope, the spelling is correct...this is about my need for socks in Japan. :)

I hope this subject doesn't get me blocked...but it is something that is impacting my everyday life in Japan! :)

Somebody posted about pots and pans (or similar) so I thought I'd give "socks" a go. ;)

My feet are size 30 (Japan size). Not that big, but big enough to make finding comfortable-fitting socks a little tricky. :(
Does anyone know of a sock shop I can visit in the Tokyo area, or something online? :) Ideally it would be a visit to a shop so I can get a feel for what the socks are like and how stretchy they are. I want them do be loose-fitting and ideally "business socks" that I'd wear with a suit.

Thank you for reading this far.

Chris
AreTheyTheLemmings?
Veteran

Re: Sock options

Post by AreTheyTheLemmings? »

I'm pretty sure I've seen normal business socks with a size designation of "28~30cm" at the underwear/pyjamas/socks area of Aeon.
captainspoke
Sage

Post by captainspoke »

Look up Gold Toe (US or Japan amazon) and go from there.

(SOXX isn't a bad ETF, either. :shock: )
Deep Blue
Veteran

Post by Deep Blue »

I have the same size feet and order online from Amazon UK or US.
adamu
Sage

Post by adamu »

I found a promising company but they said something about not being exchangeable yet, and something else about vests?

It worked out better going elsewhere.
Gareth
Veteran

Post by Gareth »

Sakazen in the Tokyo area has big sized shoes and socks. Big feet as well as big guts.
greeninjapan

Post by greeninjapan »

AreTheyTheLemmings? wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:01 am I'm pretty sure I've seen normal business socks with a size designation of "28~30cm" at the underwear/pyjamas/socks area of Aeon.
Thank you! I've tried a couple from Aeon, just about large enough but they are too tight at the top. I will keep looking there though!
greeninjapan

Post by greeninjapan »

Gareth wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:55 pm Sakazen in the Tokyo area has big sized shoes and socks. Big feet as well as big guts.
Thank you! I haven't been in Sakazen for over a year now, so will pay them a visit and see what they have!
greeninjapan

Post by greeninjapan »

Deep Blue wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:51 am I have the same size feet and order online from Amazon UK or US.
Thank you! I hadn't thought of ordering from UK or US...I've only ordered from JP and have been disappointed. I will do some browsing on Amazon.
greeninjapan

Post by greeninjapan »

captainspoke wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:26 am Look up Gold Toe (US or Japan amazon) and go from there.

(SOXX isn't a bad ETF, either. :shock: )
Thank you, I will! I had some Gold Toe a few years back, bought in the US, and they were good.
SOXX is doing very well...all time high.