Work problems.

Anything that doesn't fit in another forum
beanhead
Sage

Re: Work problems.

Post by beanhead »

RetireJapan wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:21 am
My understanding of that is five full time employees.
Agreed that is what it looks like but it may be a bit more complex than that.
This is the source:
https://www.nenkin.go.jp/service/kounen ... 50518.html

Part-timers are also included if they do 3/4 of the work of 'full-time/regular employees'? Is that what it means?
Aiming to retire at 60 and live for a while longer. 95% index funds (eMaxis Slim etc), 5% Japanese dividend stocks.
KCLenny
Veteran

Post by KCLenny »

Well my conversation went about as well as I expected.
She laughed, she cried, she flipflopped, contradicted herself, dismissed my issues, tried the waterworks to get me to give up. Tried to say that she couldn’t have staff taking time off whenever they liked (despite that being illegal). I explained several times I just want to make sure everything is above board and that moreover I’d like the respect of a senior staff member who’s devoted the last 5 years of their life to that company. She thought that her paying my salary was her showing that she appreciates me.
We will see how she handles looking into the holiday pay situation.

If it all goes tits up I’ve got until October to find another visa sponsoring job.
Tsumitate Wrestler
Veteran

Post by Tsumitate Wrestler »

KCLenny wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:47 am Well my conversation went about as well as I expected.
She laughed, she cried, she flipflopped, contradicted herself, dismissed my issues, tried the waterworks to get me to give up. Tried to say that she couldn’t have staff taking time off whenever they liked (despite that being illegal). I explained several times I just want to make sure everything is above board and that moreover I’d like the respect of a senior staff member who’s devoted the last 5 years of their life to that company. She thought that her paying my salary was her showing that she appreciates me.
We will see how she handles looking into the holiday pay situation.

If it all goes tits up I’ve got until October to find another visa sponsoring job.
Clean up that CV. Press that suit. Start networking. Look at 1-2 positions a day.

Do not expect them to change.

Good luck.