Property Tax - calculation guideline help please

Seasider4374
Regular

Property Tax - calculation guideline help please

Post by Seasider4374 »

I'm lucky to own an empty, unbuilt on plot of land that the village office currently levies zero property tax on (due to its unbuilt-on status).

I'm enquiring about renting the land out for business owners to put container businesses/prehabs/kitchen cars on and the village office is saying that this "may" cause a property tax to become payable.

I'm just wondering how property taxes are calculated? By assumed land value? By purchase cost? By building cost (concrete footing area for a container? for eg), or a mixture of these, and/or others?

Will adding electricity and water supplies to site affect property tax? Will yearly rental income affect property tax? Will the income the business owner(s) are able to achieve themselves affect property tax?

Sorry for the vagueness of the query, though I just want to have an idea of what level tax may be due following a succesful rental BEFORE I advertise more strongly and (hopefully) rent it out.

(I can pre-calculate income tax, residents tax, health insurance payments, inheritance tax etc, but I've not seen any info on property tax...)
TokyoWart
Veteran

Re: Property Tax - calculation guideline help please

Post by TokyoWart »

Property tax assessments are local. You need to ask these questions in your municipal tax office.