Save on average 20% on accommodation

Anything that doesn't fit in another forum
Jamo
Regular

Save on average 20% on accommodation

Post by Jamo »

Hi all, it's been a while since I posted but I've been following the forum and the updated website etc. Keep up the great work Ben!

I know there have been a few discussions on cryptocurrency and blockchain before, with people sitting on both sides. Many don't understand its benefits because they haven't seen its utility in a real life use case. I wanted to tell you guys about one that I'm invested in and support very strongly. Its website is up and running now and includes thousands of hotels around the world. I have written an article about it explaining how the savings are made possible by blockchain.

Just to let you know, the article includes my referral code. If this post breaks the forum rules please delete it :) If not, I hope it is informative for you and helps people save money on their travel!

https://medium.com/@chrisjameson/still- ... 371e731774
Last edited by Jamo on Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
N00bster
Veteran

Re: Save on average 20% on accommodation

Post by N00bster »

Jamo wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:18 am I wanted to tell you guys about one that I'm invested in and support very strongly.
Invested how? Have you actually used the thing?

A quick Google search on "locktrip review" only returns links related to ICOs and cryptocurrencies and official blog posts. No actual user review about the service. This doesn't inspire trust at all.
N00bster
Veteran

Post by N00bster »

Also I need to point out that all of your medium entries smell strongly of sponsored blog posts. The series on that ShitRing (not writing the actual name here) thing (that "pretty much everyone is talking about now" according to you - never heard of that and oh! They also ran an ICO!) is particularly obvious. Please clearly state your actual reasons for promoting this service.
N00bster
Veteran

Post by N00bster »

This keeps getting better! From another of these crypto sponsored posts:
But after Gates and Buffett revealed they were massive Bitcoin “whales” (big investors)
Lol what? Can you find any trustable quote from Buffett where he says anything positive about Bitcoin? As for Gates: Bill Gates: I would short bitcoin if I could (2018/05/07)

On the same article, the pretended "shot of my hotel room (paid for with ShitPay, of course!)" is a stock photo. Seriously, how full of shit do you need to be to write this kind of crap?
Jamo
Regular

Post by Jamo »

Thanks for your responses NOObster. I think it's good to have a healthy amount of skepticism.

My investment in the platform is via owning the cryptocurrency used to make it possible, and in helping grow and maintain our community. Yes, I have used the service. If you read the article you will see some feedback from other users too. The small number of user reviews available can be attributed to the fact that this is a new service.

At the bottom of my post I mentioned it contains a referral link. I thought that would be clear enough. You know, pretty much all information etc. made available on the internet these days is for profit (whether clearly stated or not). It's a little naive to think otherwise. The article on ShareRing was indeed a promotional article aimed at members of its community. It was purposefully set in the future and tongue in cheek (perhaps you missed that) in an attempt to be creative. I might take it down now as it's served its purpose and seems to confuse some. They were indeed attempts to get a bit of extra income for myself. I think it's a good idea to diversify the work I do and explore opportunities for new streams of income.

Again, thanks for your feedback. It's valuable. I know a lot of people find it hard to trust the idea of cryptocurrencies and anyone that tries to promote them. Many got burned in the bear market last year. Also a lot of people accept the media's stereotyping of ICOs etc. as scams. If you look at my past posts on RetireJapan, I think you will find that I always attempted to be helpful and participate with integrity. I apologise if I offended you somehow or made you think I was trying to take advantage of you. That was not my intent. I was simply offering information that I felt would benefit RetireJapan members, while at the same time making it clear in my original post that the article included a referral code (which you are free to use or not). If you can accept this and actually try the platform, you may find that it saves you some money :)
adamu
Sage

Post by adamu »

Jamo wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:41 am I know a lot of people find it hard to trust the idea of cryptocurrencies and anyone that tries to promote them.
This isn't about cryptocurrencies it's about you sleazily fishing for referrals. Luckily for you I'm not a moderator here, otherwise this post would already be gone. I think there's a balance between honestly recommending a service (with a referral link, if need be), and a full on marketing pitch that is trying to get people to join a pyramid scheme.
RetireJapan
Site Admin

Post by RetireJapan »

Hmmm. We don't really have forum rules yet. I don't mind referral links for genuine services, etc. as long as they seem useful but this seems a bit beyond the pale.

I personally believe crypto jumped the shark (blockchain will probably change the world, but I'm not sure why any of the current coins should be worth anything).

I think I am just going to lock this topic now.
English teacher and writer. RetireJapan founder. Avid reader.

eMaxis Slim Shady 8-)