Time Taken to Open an iDeCo Account

Sybil

Time Taken to Open an iDeCo Account

Post by Sybil »

I was wondering about how long it takes for an average iDeCo account to be up and running from the initial application procedure. There seems to be a bunch of people with problems because of katakana names on this forum.

Has anyone actually sailed through the process in a reasonable time-frame? How long did it take?
RetireJapan
Site Admin

Re: Time Taken to Open an iDeCo Account

Post by RetireJapan »

I made a mistake with my paperwork, and I opened my account in the initial rush after they opened the system to dependent spouses and public servants. Took 4-5 months if I remember correctly.

Even at best, should take 2-3 months.
English teacher and writer. RetireJapan founder. Avid reader.

eMaxis Slim Shady 8-)
Ditto
Regular

Post by Ditto »

Took 3 months to open and 3 months when I changed providers. :(
Sybil

Post by Sybil »

I wonder what the backlog is like now. I'll give an update when my account is confirmed.
adamu
Sage

Post by adamu »

I'm just in the process of getting the required paperwork from my employer before I submit an application, so I'll report back once opened too.
Utachiyo
Regular

Post by Utachiyo »

I sent in my application in October and got the approval notice in December, but my official start date is listed as November. First withdrawal was December 26th (for November). Of course, it takes 13 business days just for that money to show up in your account and then some days after that for them to invest it. Like I said in another post, I feel like they have those guys from the DMV in Zootopia working on this stuff!