Nikkei 225 or TOPIX

styxomaniac
Regular

Re: Nikkei 225 or TOPIX

Post by styxomaniac »

You could buy half of each if you can't decide
It was actually your reply to my post on the NISA forum that made me consider investing in TOPIX. I followed your suggestion and purchased both. :D

Thanks everyone!
Mad Scientist
Probation (posts moderated and no PMs)

Re: Nikkei 225 or TOPIX

Post by Mad Scientist »

Tkydon wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:09 am These figures do not include dividends paid out or reinvested
Guys, but I believe THIS is the real question. I still could not figure it how to understand.

If you are reinvesting a 10% dividend, it means that basically you are byuing more stocks, isnt it??
Then lets say you get 10% annually for 10 years. and also the stock price rises from 100 to 120. You are millionarie.

Now, if you get no divident (or not reinvesting)... and the stock rises from 100 to 200 over the course of 10 years. You will make less money.

So while stock pricesitself affect the final result (of course). What mostly matters in long-term investiment is the compound interest of it. Am I wrong?

However I feel very difficult to find this information when I am comparing funds for example, Topix and Nikkei 225. In other words, how much I would ACTUALLY have if I had invested 100 in TOPIX and 100 in Nikkei 10 years ago?? And how to find this information regarding all the possible investiments??