I too have fucked up...

adamu
Sage

Re: I too have fucked up...

Post by adamu »

KCLenny wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:12 am I’ve gone back to the kuyakusho multiple times. What am I doing wrong?
You've been told here, here, and here to speak to the pension office directly, not the ward office. That was last year. It's hardly saved you any time by refusing to do it.
KCLenny
Veteran

Post by KCLenny »

adamu wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:31 am
KCLenny wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:12 am I’ve gone back to the kuyakusho multiple times. What am I doing wrong?
You've been told here, here, and here to speak to the pension office directly, not the ward office. That was last year. It's hardly saved you any time by refusing to do it.
There’s a nice way to do that you know.
adamu
Sage

Post by adamu »

KCLenny wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:36 pm There’s a nice way to do that you know.
Right, but you asked for advice, didn't take it, then came back 3 months later asking the same question. It's a little rude to expect more of people's time here when you're not willing to try the suggestions that have already been offered.
KCLenny
Veteran

Post by KCLenny »

adamu wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:55 pm
Right, but you asked for advice, didn't take it, then came back 3 months later asking the same question. It's a little rude to expect more of people's time here when you're not willing to try the suggestions that have already been offered.
Since then I’ve moved apartment and increased my work hours. I don’t have time to travel to a different part of the city to ask a question when the pension office in the ward office is supposed to do the exact same thing. And is next to my place of work.
I’m hoping that someone actually understands my situation or has experienced a similar thing. Not just a “we don’t know, go to pension office” “advice”.
adamu
Sage

Post by adamu »

KCLenny wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:06 pm
adamu wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:55 pm
Since then I’ve moved apartment and increased my work hours. I don’t have time to travel to a different part of the city to ask a question when the pension office in the ward office is supposed to do the exact same thing. And is next to my place of work.
I’m hoping that someone actually understands my situation or has experienced a similar thing. Not just a “we don’t know, go to pension office” “advice”.
I'm not trying to argue with you, I'm trying to help you resolve your problem, which is obviously not getting resolved at the ward office.

Something like the pension is worth making a special effort to get resolved, in my opinion. Make an appointment, take a bilingual speaker if necessary, explain everything, don't leave until it's sorted. If you have time to move apartment, you have time to go to the pension office.

The problem you're describing is quite specific to your situation and seems unlikely that people on a forum are going to resolve it - it looks like the kind of thing the pension office itself will need to look at your specific account.

That being said, I'll refrain from commenting further.
Haystack
Veteran

Post by Haystack »

The point has been made quite a few times that you cannot trust the ward office with anything beyond basic pension questions. For anything else, call the or visit the Pension office.

When you are asking a question about your specific situation, no one here can comment as we do not have enough information.

I was told X but Y happened....

You need to contact them directly to figure it out.
KCLenny
Veteran

Post by KCLenny »

Been to the pension office. Completely unhelpful. They just kept saying the same thing “if you don’t pay then it will be unpaid”. Yes I know that. My problem is I can’t afford to pay it all in one go right now. Can I just retro actively pay once a month. It says on the slips I have until august 2023.
No that’s just the expiry date.
Erm what? So that means I can pay between now and then right?
You will be unpaid so you should be 2 lots every month starting now.
I can’t pay ¥32000 a month!
That should be your goal.

Sorry guys but that was really not helpful and I still don’t know what I’m supposed to do.
Haystack
Veteran

Post by Haystack »

KCLenny wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:31 am Been to the pension office. Completely unhelpful. They just kept saying the same thing “if you don’t pay then it will be unpaid”. Yes I know that. My problem is I can’t afford to pay it all in one go right now. Can I just retro actively pay once a month. It says on the slips I have until august 2023.

Sorry guys but that was really not helpful and I still don’t know what I’m supposed to do.
Did they mention any penalty or fees?

If you A. Cannot be reassessed at a 100% exemption , and B. The fee schedule is set and cannot be changed the question is then what will the penalty for late payments be?
KCLenny
Veteran

Post by KCLenny »

Haystack wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:22 am
KCLenny wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:31 am Been to the pension office. Completely unhelpful. They just kept saying the same thing “if you don’t pay then it will be unpaid”. Yes I know that. My problem is I can’t afford to pay it all in one go right now. Can I just retro actively pay once a month. It says on the slips I have until august 2023.

If you A. Cannot be reassessed at a 100% exemption , and B. The fee schedule is set and cannot be changed the question is then what will the penalty for late payments be?
He didn’t mention fees or penalties. He didn’t mention being reassessed. He said that the 50% exemption was a result of assessment from my 2020 income. I was earning less money then that now. I can’t afford it now. I definitely couldn’t have afforded it back then.

He didn’t tell me the payment schedule was set or anything. He was honestly so unhelpful. He couldn’t explain anything to me. When I said I didn’t understand could I use google translate, he started writing stuff down on a piece of paper. But it was the same “if you don’t pay you will be unpaid”. Honestly I feel really disappointed and upset at how unhelpful he was and the time I wasted getting there.
Haystack
Veteran

Post by Haystack »

KCLenny wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:27 am
Haystack wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:22 am

He didn’t mention fees or penalties. He didn’t mention being reassessed. He said that the 50% exemption was a result of assessment from my 2020 income. I was earning less money then that now. I can’t afford it now. I definitely couldn’t have afforded it back then.

He didn’t tell me the payment schedule was set or anything. He was honestly so unhelpful. He couldn’t explain anything to me. When I said I didn’t understand could I use google translate, he started writing stuff down on a piece of paper. But it was the same “if you don’t pay you will be unpaid”. Honestly I feel really disappointed and upset at how unhelpful he was and the time I wasted getting there.

Results will always vary depending on who you are dealing with. However it is important to have specific clear questions, written down.

A. I cannot afford this. How can I apply for postponement or a modified payment schedule?

B. If I am unable to pay will I be charged penalties or late fees?

C. Can I apply to have my exception amount reevaluated?

Use deepl, and get the Japanese checked online for free (hinative etc).

Regardless, you path forward is pretty clear. You need to either increase your income or decrease you expenses. There is no way around it, and the longer you wait the worse the situation will get.

I understand your difficult position, it's probably worth having a chat with your wife about revaluating her ability to work.