I too have fucked up...

KCLenny
Veteran

Re: I too have fucked up...

Post by KCLenny »

I appreciate the advice but it’s not that simple. I am already increasing my income. I got promoted at work and now get a bit more than before. I’ve decreased my spending my moving to a danchi on a massively reduced rent. I’m already buying cheap food, maxing out point benefits to make sure every yen spent gets me a good point return.
I can’t work any more hours, and my wife is looking for work but with little education and with various mental health issues and autism it’s not exactly a walk in the park (which for us would tire us out too!).
Haystack
Veteran

Re: I too have fucked up...

Post by Haystack »

KCLenny wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:12 am I appreciate the advice but it’s not that simple. I am already increasing my income. I got promoted at work and now get a bit more than before. I’ve decreased my spending my moving to a danchi on a massively reduced rent. I’m already buying cheap food, maxing out point benefits to make sure every yen spent gets me a good point return.
I can’t work any more hours, and my wife is looking for work but with little education and with various mental health issues and autism it’s not exactly a walk in the park (which for us would tire us out too!).
I am not suggesting it is easy, just that it is a necessity. Essentially nenkin is your own future savings. Your inability to contribute puts you at a subsistence level.

If you feel like your have downsized you expenses as much as possible, then alternative income streams are your focus. Italki and Fiver might be great options for your wife. Has she been to HelloWork?

If all of that fails it might be time to reach out to some NGOs. You need to focus on getting this debt sorted before you get snowed under.

I would suggest making that list of questions, and making a phone call, or visiting again, with a Japanese friend or colleague. (Or perhaps send them an email enquiry if possible).