Life insurance on medication or with chronic illness

Owly

Life insurance on medication or with chronic illness

Post by Owly »

Has anyone taken out a life insurance policy while being on prescription medication?

My wife and I were in the process of applying through ”Tokio Marine Nichido" a few years back but the fees ended up being more than doubled because of my medication so we gave up on that idea. Now we are applying for a home loan and life insurance is a requirement. Does anyone know of a company that has reasonably priced policies for those on medication or with chronic illnesses?
Utachiyo
Regular

Re: Life insurance on medication or with chronic illness

Post by Utachiyo »

I was really hoping someone would reply to your post because I'm in the same boat. Have you been able to find something reasonable? Were you able to get a home loan? I could only get a Flat35 loan because it's the only kind that DOESN'T have the life insurance requirement. I'm hoping to get an insurance policy on my own at some point though.
Owly

Re: Life insurance on medication or with chronic illness

Post by Owly »

Yeah, we ended up getting a flat 35 loan too (through Aruhi). Dantai hoken (home loan life insurance) was required but my medication didn't seem to be an issue. But now with a second baby on the way, I'm definitely going to have to get a personal life insurance policy so I'm still doing some research. Will let you know when I make a decision. Please let us know if you find any good information too!