NISA at Rakuten and iDeCo at SBI

alejandro

NISA at Rakuten and iDeCo at SBI

Post by alejandro »

I already have my NISA account at Rakuten but when I check iDeCo at SBI they do have more fund selections.
Personally, I'm interested in going big with Indian funds but there were no explicitly Indian funds in either choice.
If there were in SBI I could have chosen SBI for iDeCo.

QUESTION: What considerations are there for me to have separate brokerages for NISA (Rakuten) and iDeCo (SBI)?
Is the convenience of keeping both in Rakuten more important that SBI's slightly larger fund selection?

Any thoughts?
RetireJapan
Site Admin

Re: NISA at Rakuten and iDeCo at SBI

Post by RetireJapan »

Personally I went with the convenience of a single login -I have all my accounts except THEO at Rakuten.

However, in hindsight, the wider fund selection for SBI iDeCo is tempting.

I also believe there is an advantage in having accounts with different providers, in that it protects you from getting hacked or having your account frozen for some reason.

Especially for iDeCo, which you don't really need to look at more than once a year or so, having a separate login shouldn't be much of an inconvenience...
English teacher and writer. RetireJapan founder. Avid reader.

eMaxis Slim Shady 8-)
alejandro

Post by alejandro »

This sounds convincing -> Especially for iDeCo, which you don't really need to look at more than once a year or so, having a separate login shouldn't be much of an inconvenience...
RetireJapan
Site Admin

Post by RetireJapan »

Good to know I'm convincing sometimes ;)
English teacher and writer. RetireJapan founder. Avid reader.

eMaxis Slim Shady 8-)