Investing with credit card

zak

Investing with credit card

Post by zak »

I want to start Tsumitate NISA and use credit card to make contributions.
It seems Monex is my default choice because they offer higher points rewards.
There are some points I am considering:

1. Could I use my existing card or it better to get a new one?
I have Gold Epos card and a private school Kyosai card from Resona.
Epos trying to sell their own NISA from Tsumiki shoken but they offer only 4 funds which don't look very promising.
https://www.tsumitatenisa.jp/list/data. ... w&item=165

2. If I better off with Monex card, in which order should I proceed?
Open account, apply for T-NISA, then apply for card?

3. What to do with points? I assume you can set to automatically reinvest these but not sure, for example if you already max your T-NISA allowance what will happen with points?
zak

Re: Investing with credit card

Post by zak »

Actually I just found Resona has something very similar to eMaxis Slim all country, cost is exactly the same.
Don't know if they give points though.
https://www.tsumitatenisa.jp/list/data. ... w&item=100
mighty58
Veteran

Post by mighty58 »

With Monex you can only use the Monex card for monthly purchases. You get 1.1% in points on these purchases, up to a max of 50,000yen/month. This amount is sufficient to fill out the Tsumitate NISA, but you can also use it for the taxable account to maximize the points (I'm currently doing 50,000/mth into my taxable). As for the points, I had been using them for Amazon credits until recently, but since Monex allowed the linking of your CoinCheck account, I just convert all my points into crypto.

If you don't have an account yet, you'll need to di that first, and if they allow you to do it at the same time, do the NISA and credit card applications as well. If not, do them both simultaneously after opening up the account. It'll likely take a 2-3 months before you're up and running.
TokyoBoglehead
Veteran

Post by TokyoBoglehead »

zak wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:31 am Actually I just found Resona has something very similar to eMaxis Slim all country, cost is exactly the same.
Don't know if they give points though.
https://www.tsumitatenisa.jp/list/data. ... w&item=100
I would be extremely cautious about investing in a fund that has less than 200 million yen in assets . (Only 1.4 million USD).

https://finance.yahoo.co.jp/quote/AJ312224
zak

Post by zak »

Thank you for the replies, I think I got it.

Trying to open Monex account, if anyone has referral/campaign code please reply or pm me, I will use first one I receive if all have same value.

Can you also help to navigate few fields:
入金先 金融機関情報(入金専用口座の銀行選択)
みずほ銀行 三菱UFJ銀行 三井住友銀行 りそな銀行
I don't have account in any of these banks, should I open one before registration?

特定口座(兼 特定管理口座)の開設
First option says its for beginners and they will calculate and report to tax so I don't need to do kakutei shinkoku.
開設する(源泉徴収あり・配当等の受入あり)(※1・2・3) おすすめ
 初心者の方、確定申告を不要にしたい方に

But there are some notes, anything to worry about?
※1 私は、租税特別措置法第37条の11の3第1項又は第2項及び同法第37条の11の2第1項又は第2項の規定の適用を受けたいので、租税特別措置法施行令第25条の10の2第5項、及び、同令第25条の9の2第8項の規定により、この旨届け出ます。
なお、租税特別措置法第37条の11の2第1項の内国法人の株式又は公社債を特定管理口座に係る振替口座簿に記載若しくは記録を受け、又は特定管理口座に保管の委託を行うものとし、特定管理株式保管委託契約は約款によるものとします。

※2 私は、租税特別措置法第37条の11の4第1項、地方税法71条の51の適用を受けたいのでこの旨届け出ます。

※3 私は、貴社が支払の取扱いをする上場株式等の配当等につき源泉徴収選択口座に設けられた特定上場株式配当等勘定への受入れを依頼し、租税特別措置法第37条の11の6第1項の適用を受けたいので、同法第2項の規定に基づきこの旨届け出ます。
TokyoBoglehead
Veteran

Post by TokyoBoglehead »

zak wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:45 am Thank you for the replies, I think I got it.

Trying to open Monex account, if anyone has referral/campaign code please reply or pm me, I will use first one I receive if all have same value.

入金先 金融機関情報(入金専用口座の銀行選択)
I don't have account in any of these banks, should I open one before registration?

特定口座(兼 特定管理口座)の開設
First option says its for beginners and they will calculate and report to tax so I don't need to do kakutei shinkoku.
 初心者の方、確定申告を不要にしたい方に

※1 私は、租税特別措置法第37条の11の3第1項又は第2項及び同法第37条の11の2第1項又は第2項の規定の適用を受けたいので、租税特別措置法施行令第25条の10の2第5項、及び、同令第25条の9の2第8項の規定により、この旨届け出ます。
なお、租税特別措置法第37条の11の2第1項の内国法人の株式又は公社債を特定管理口座に係る振替口座簿に記載若しくは記録を受け、又は特定管理口座に保管の委託を行うものとし、特定管理株式保管委託契約は約款によるものとします。

※3 私は、貴社が支払の取扱いをする上場株式等の配当等につき源泉徴収選択口座に設けられた特定上場株式配当等勘定への受入れを依頼し、租税特別措置法第37条の11の6第1項の適用を受けたいので、同法第2項の規定に基づきこの旨届け出ます。
Screenshot 2022-09-22 160420.jpg
Please note that the process is a bit more formal. Feel free to PM me your details if you are still interested.
zak

Post by zak »

OK I'll send a message.
Also didn't know they have English interface.
TokyoBoglehead
Veteran

Post by TokyoBoglehead »

zak wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:02 am OK I'll send a message.
Also didn't know they have English interface.
I will complete the form later tonight!

They do not. However I am sure you are familiar with Chrome Browser and Google Translate.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... cleb?hl=en
mighty58
Veteran

Post by mighty58 »

zak wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:45 am Thank you for the replies, I think I got it.

入金先 金融機関情報(入金専用口座の銀行選択)

特定口座(兼 特定管理口座)の開設
 初心者の方、確定申告を不要にしたい方に

入金先 is the account they will set up for you to furikomi money TO, which will then be put into your Monex account. Therefore, you do not need to have an account at any of these institutions. They give you a choice just in case you already do, and want to have cheaper furikomi fees. Otherwise, it doesn't matter which.

特定口座 with 源泉徴収あり is what you should choose. They will deduct taxes for you, and make life that much easier for you (you effectively have to do nothing). However, if you are masochist and love wading throught Japanese tax paperwork, and want to start doing it all yourself, hoping to exploit a loophole somewhere to possibly save a few yen, then select otherwise.
zak

Post by zak »

mighty58 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:56 pm
入金先 is the account they will set up for you to furikomi money TO, which will then be put into your Monex account. Therefore, you do not need to have an account at any of these institutions. They give you a choice just in case you already do, and want to have cheaper furikomi fees. Otherwise, it doesn't matter which.

特定口座 with 源泉徴収あり is what you should choose. They will deduct taxes for you, and make life that much easier for you (you effectively have to do nothing). However, if you are masochist and love wading throught Japanese tax paperwork, and want to start doing it all yourself, hoping to exploit a loophole somewhere to possibly save a few yen, then select otherwise.
Got it! I'm all against Japanese paperwork so I will choose first option.

Looks like Monex referral system is buggy and we could not work it out with TokyoBoglehead
If someone managed to make it work please send me pm.