つみたてNISA Beginner question

tim
Regular

つみたてNISA Beginner question

Post by tim »

Hello I just started to learn investing from ground zero

I created an account in Rakuten Securities and I have so many questions
I hope you can help me on this

1. I want to put a 80% or (NISA max per year) of my savings in つみたてNISA but it only accepts monthly or daily withdrawal is it possible to just dunk everything in?
I choose this 楽天・全米株式インデックス・ファンド(楽天・バンガード・ファンド(全米株式))and currently set it to daily withdrawal.

2.I bought
楽天・全米株式インデックス・ファンド(楽天・バンガード・ファンド[全米株式])
in スポット購入 in Specific(特定) and general(一般) ,
Is this both included in the NISA (tax exception)?
I also don't quite understand the difference,
I know that specific is automatic tax calculation and general is manual tax declaration or something

3.How does taxation works in Japan? I really don't have an idea XD
I connected my "mynumber" but will it automatically do it for me?

Thanks in advance
Allocations
35% US Stocks
30% JPN Stocks
35% tNISA
TokyoBoglehead
Veteran

Re: つみたてNISA Beginner question

Post by TokyoBoglehead »

1. You can use the "ボーナス" function to put in large sums. It is a little awkward, You need to still contribute monthly as well, so play with the numbers to get as close as you can. Tsumutate is meant to be monthly by its nature.

Consider the Emaxis Slim SP500 fund, lower fees.

2. You unfortunately just bought funds in your taxable account.
Specific(特定) -> They will do the taxes for your
general(一般) -> You do the taxes yourself

3. No taxes for Nisa, broker handles the taxes for Specific(特定) , you handle the taxes for general(一般)
Tsumitate.png
tim
Regular

Post by tim »

Thank you for the reply

1.Thank you for the advice, didn't notice that this has a better rate, Relocated my settings to Emaxis instead.

Emaxis Slim SP500 fund has a lower rate but how is it different to 楽天・全米株式インデックス・ファンド ?

Been searching the website but I cant find what stocks do this funds hold.
https://www.rakuten-sec.co.jp/web/fund/ ... 90C000GKC6

2.How do I switch General to Specific? Can I do it in the website?
Allocations
35% US Stocks
30% JPN Stocks
35% tNISA
TokyoBoglehead
Veteran

Post by TokyoBoglehead »

tim wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:43 am Thank you for the reply

1.Thank you for the advice, didn't notice that this has a better rate, Relocated my settings to Emaxis instead.

Emaxis Slim SP500 fund has a lower rate but how is it different to 楽天・全米株式インデックス・ファンド ?

Been searching the website but I cant find what stocks do this funds hold.
https://www.rakuten-sec.co.jp/web/fund/ ... 90C000GKC6

2.How do I switch General to Specific? Can I do it in the website?
1. The prospectus is linked on the fund page. Basically the Rakuten fund is a vangaurd WRAP, where the Emaxis fund is a normal fund. You are paying extra fees with the Vanguard/Rakuten wrap.

Here is a complete comparison -> https://shintaro-money.com/emaxisslim-sp500/

2. You cannot. You need to sell, and rebuy. You will need to file the taxes yourself at yearend.
beanhead
Sage

Post by beanhead »

tim wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:36 am Hello I just started to learn investing from ground zero

I created an account in Rakuten Securities and I have so many questions
I hope you can help me on this
Just to confirm, have you done the paperwork to set up tsumitate NISA?
A Rakuten Securities account is not necessarily a t-NISA account.
You should set up the regular tsumitate payment for whatever fund you want to buy (ie eMaxis Slim All-Country). When you do that, it will offer you the chance to purchase in the t-NISA account. If you don't see that option it means you have not set up tsumitate NISA.
This is NOT a spot purchase.
Aiming to retire at 60 and live for a while longer. 95% index funds (eMaxis Slim etc), 5% Japanese dividend stocks.
tim
Regular

Post by tim »

TokyoBoglehead wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:55 am Here is a complete comparison -> https://shintaro-money.com/emaxisslim-sp500/

2. You cannot. You need to sell, and rebuy. You will need to file the taxes yourself at yearend.
Thank you for the link, will read more about this.

hmmm I see, by the way is it easy to file taxes here Japan?
and when is that?
Is that the paper you have to file before December?
Allocations
35% US Stocks
30% JPN Stocks
35% tNISA
tim
Regular

Post by tim »

beanhead wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:14 am Just to confirm, have you done the paperwork to set up tsumitate NISA?
A Rakuten Securities account is not necessarily a t-NISA account.
You should set up the regular tsumitate payment for whatever fund you want to buy (ie eMaxis Slim All-Country). When you do that, it will offer you the chance to purchase in the t-NISA account. If you don't see that option it means you have not set up tsumitate NISA.
This is NOT a spot purchase.
Paperwork?
Sorry I just clicked my way in to Rakuten Securities haha
I'm not that fluent in nihongo and not well verse in Investing jargons
I just know that there are two types of NISA the 10 years but lower capacity and the 5 years which has higher capacity
I choose the 10 year one for long term investing.

If its this one then I think its already configured
スクリーンショット 2022-08-30 102412.png
Allocations
35% US Stocks
30% JPN Stocks
35% tNISA
adamu
Sage

Post by adamu »

This thread is like asking how a car works while driving at 300km/h down the Autobahn. It's hard to know where to start.

I think you need to take a step back, do some reading, and learn a bit more how things work before diving in and pressing all the buttons.
MBK
Regular

Post by MBK »

I recently went through setting up NISA via Rakuten as well, so I can tell you two things:

1.) Opening the account is sometimes the "more difficult" part of the process and seems that you have already done that part, so you are on a good way
2.) This forum as well as Retire Japan website offer superb resources for the getting things finalized, so I would suggest first of all reading through and then getting back here if there will be any further unclear things.

Many of people here have been helped by this forum (me included) and most likely came across the same issue on the way so there is a good chance you will find number of topics relevant to your situation.
beanhead
Sage

Post by beanhead »

tim wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:27 am If its this one then I think its already configured
Good. As long as you are able to place the order when clicking on that button, then you are correct, you have it set up properly.
Aiming to retire at 60 and live for a while longer. 95% index funds (eMaxis Slim etc), 5% Japanese dividend stocks.